View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 01:07 PM   #10
nachos4life
Take a breath!

Owned and operated a trailer/catering biz part time for threeish years and just sold it a few months ago....

Medic is spot on. Man, I killed my feet. Plantar faciatis sucks. Its a crap ton of hard work and long hours, especially doing it on a stickburner like we were doing. There are great parts that I loved - cooking, seeing the huge lines out the window, etc... and awful parts like time away from family, taxes/etc, cleaning... Margins are thin so charge what you need to charge. If you have good stuff and good marketing people will pay it. Find a niche if you can. We got in with the local craft beer community and got a lot of really cool events from that. Did wedding catering which is super stressful but paid great. Ended up winning a food truck of the year award before we hung it up when it got to the point of having to go all in or move on. Decided I wanted more time with family. Wasn't worth the risk with young kids at home, plus I got a job offer I coudn't refuse. Anyway, it is super fun, stressful, demanding, painful and rewarding all at the same time. PM me if you have specific questions or anything. best of luck!