View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 03:02 PM   #6
InThePitBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bob

Brandon there are reasons why you don't already have someone doing what you propose that align with the lack of good restaurants in Warsaw and Kosciusko county in general.

Medic did a great job outlining much of what's needed to do business but have you ever stopped to wonder why someone else isn't already successfully doing it?

Your target demographic is horrible there and you'll likely lose money like rainwater chasing a downspout in that market the only people making money are the chains with low dollar menu's the mom and pops that serve a huge breakfast cooked to order on paper thin margins and the lunch trucks that have already greased the right palms at the manufacturing stops.

There are a few exceptions near the Lakes but that's a market for serious investors that can note their own real estate and run with almost zero debt load over the winter months and keep the lights on.

You'd have a far better chance of making it if you targeted event's and catering as a sustainable way of paying the bills over the course of a year's time and trying your hand at the truck or trailer in town a few days a week to see how much of a bath your taking to get that established.

For what it's worth I'm only a county away and I wouldn't invest a nickle in that market the way your proposing to do it and I already have the equipment, credentials, experienced personnel, proven products and menu's people come back time and time again for and seriously wouldn't touch it.

I've been in this business for a very long time and seen countless people lose their shirt trying to break into it.

If you wan't to have lunch some time come on up and I'll highlight for you a dozen or so venues you can attend every year that will easily cover your operating costs and make you some money if you offer a good product, have the right rig and operating capital as those are all pay to play events.

There's room in those markets for start up's and money to be made if you know what your doing and are committed 100% to being in business to succeed.