• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Habanero Death Wings

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I marinated some wings overnight in OO and Oakridge BBQ HDD rub. I also mixed some HDD with 3Eyz rub. They are on the keg now.

The top six wings have only HDD on them. The middle section of wings have the mix of HDD and 3Eyz and the bottom portion has only 3Eyz. My wife and daughter won't eat the HDD because it's too hot for them so I made some with only the 3Eyz rub. All of the wings with 3Eyz were also injected with some Cajun marinade before hanging out in the fridge overnight.

picture.php

More pics and a review of the HDD coming.

Here are the finished wings. The HDD only wings on the left, HDD/3Eyz in the middle and 3Eyz on the right. All of the wings were delicious!

The HDD wings were too hot for my wife. She took two bites of one and asked me to finish the rest. However, I don't think they were too hot at all. The heat sneaks up on you. On my first bite, the heat started after the 1st swallow. It got me 1st in the back of the throat then spread. It wasn't a painful hot just a nice heat. I didn't taste any bitterness at all. The HDD has a nice flavor in addition to the heat. It is savory with a tiny hint of sweet.

The HDD/3Eyz wings were tasty too but a little on the sweet side with a stronger hint of garlic and a little bit of heat. Neither my wife nor daughter complained about the heat from those. The 3Eyz only wings were very good too.

picture.php

Looks great. The Death Dust is fantastic. As you said, it't not an up front, obnoxious heat but rather a subtle heat that grows and lingers.

I just got some Death Dust today. I have great spices; now all I have to do is learn to cook better.

Those sure are great looking wings.

Those look great. As soon as I get back in town, I've gotta try out my HDD.

I don't think they were too hot at all. The heat sneaks up on you. On my first bite, the heat started after the 1st swallow. It got me 1st in the back of the throat then spread. It wasn't a painful hot just a nice heat. I didn't taste any bitterness at all. The HDD has a nice flavor in addition to the heat. It is savory with a tiny hint of sweet.

picture.php

I agree. The ones I cooked today got to me after eating 3 drumsticks. It was not that bad. I just don't care to much for sweating so I stopped while I was ahead. I want to try a light sprinkle on some ribs next.

HDD = Habanero Death Dust. Don't know what it tastes like yet but with a name like that I just had to order some. Plus I've seen it used in threads like this one and I got real hungry, must be a good sign :)

Ah, thanks.
I have a friend that has a bottle of dried powdered Ghost chili he keeps around his neck. He has a lot of physical problems/pain and instead of using drugs he uses peppers for their endorphin producing qualities. I have sprinkled a bit on some doughnuts and tonight on my chicken fettuccine and really liked it! I like a whole body heat rather than a mouth burn and this pepper does that.

Back