Stumps GF223 Refurb Questions

mn_brew

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a well used GF223 that I got a couple years back from a restaurant owner. It is a great smoker but it is starting to lose its luster. There were clearly a few chimney fires as evidenced by the paint damage on the top by the coal chute, the firebox gasket is pretty well torched, and there is some paint loss on the firebox door (though this seems pretty normal given the proximity to the fire).

Here's the question(s) - has anyone ever refurbed their stumps? Should I look to powder coat the top? Paint it? Just take it to a Maaco? How about the gaskets? Have you replaced them on your stumps? Was it easy to do? Worth the hassle?

I'm just trying to see what you have done with your older stumps smokers or what you might suggest in my position. Pics tomorrow if requested.

Last edited:
I don't have a stumps but I have talked to him, he is a right on guy give him a call

the paint is just automotive paint and I know you can buy the gaskets from Stump's by the foot .

Here are pics of the areas that need the most attention...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 75
Call Stumps shop. They will help you out. They have replacement gaskets for that stuff. If you go to Facebook and join the Stumps group, there are plenty of people on there that have changed out gaskets and will be willing to answer any questions you might have. I bet it would only take a few minutes for someone to respond.

Back