THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubmybutt

Full Fledged Farker
Hey All,

Did 4 butts today including the soon to be famous FRANKS RED HOT, I'll start a seperate post on that with prons but the question is the party is in 30 days so should I leave the butts whole and freeze or pull apart and bag and freeze?

I hope your weekend where ever you are was as nice as ours here in Iowa, jeez it's about time we got a break in the weather.:thumb:

I pull mine before freezing. Butts are so think you don't want to take so long to cool the inside. It freezes great. I think the flavors meld together nicely after freezing and thawing.:thumb: Plus, it will thaw much, much, faster.

Agree with the beautiful weather this weekend. I like to pull before freezing. Double seal vacu suck if you have that capability.

Afraid due to your time - frame... pull, seal in small quantities, mix with apple juice and more sprinkled rub, and freeze.

You will need massive freezer space to cool down/freeze in quick order... a stand alone freezer will be handy?

Back