My New 26er

H

haliaeetus70

Sorry I haven't posted lately, been a little wrapped up with my new 26er! Thanx Bill for the reminer! I was a little worried about delivery condition from the nightmare stories I've heard but it showed up in perfect condition EXCEPT it did not come with the top handle heat protector as you'll see in the pics. Anyway here are some pics of my first cook, I did a 8.5 pound spatchcock chicken brined for 10 hours and cooked indirect with Mesquite Lump, this chicken turned out AMAZING!! Like butter, it was soo tender my wife was laughing. These are a couple pics of the virgin cook, a lot of smoke, a pic of my wife coming at me with an ax cause of all the smoke in the yard, lol.

Attachments

• spatchcock (Small).jpg
    spatchcock (Small).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 259
  • Spatchcock and Thanksgiving 09' 002 (Small).jpg
    Spatchcock and Thanksgiving 09' 002 (Small).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 258
  • Spatchcock and Thanksgiving 09' 026 (Small).jpg
    Spatchcock and Thanksgiving 09' 026 (Small).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 256
  • Spatchcock and Thanksgiving 09' 030 (Small).jpg
    Spatchcock and Thanksgiving 09' 030 (Small).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 258
  • Spatchcock and Thanksgiving 09' 033 (Small).jpg
    Spatchcock and Thanksgiving 09' 033 (Small).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 258
  • Spatchcock and Thanksgiving 09' 036 (Small).jpg
    Spatchcock and Thanksgiving 09' 036 (Small).jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 256
Awesome!!! Thanks for seasoning that for me. I'll be by to pick it up this weekend!
Congrats!!! Looks great.

Nice looking bird and wife. Spatchcock, did you cut it in 1/2 for a reason?

Nice job on that new kettle.

Good thing the misses didn't marry Tiger Woods!

Yeah, I didn't mean to cut it in half, LOL, my first time spatchcockin' and I cut the breast bone first instead of the backbone so I heard in half is good too???

That chicken looks perfect! Be careful with errant coals on that wooden deck though.

so I heard in half is good too???

Yes half is good too! That's how I do it, been cooking birds like that for years. In half I like the fact that they can be lined up straight and each piece can have a different sauce, rub whatever. Whole or halved no matter as long as it's cooked indirect on the Weber you can't go wrong.

Lookin great! I have been cutting my chix in half for quite a while too... makes em easier to shuffle around on the grill and the best part is the ease of carving when they're done... no breast bone or backbone to get in the way!

Um--er--it was an IBCA comp. Yeah. That's the ticket.

Looks good. DW doesn't unnerstand. I just saw a NEW--2 cooks maybe--22.5 One Touch Silver with cover for $20. I'm unemployed, dammit!

When you said 26'er in the title, don't know why I thought about this Model 26 I use for conceal/carry:

pg26.gif

Back