• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

LSG Mini compared to Ironside

LSG Mini or Ironside Slugger

• LSG Mini

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Ironside Slugger

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

ruger35

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
To start off, I love this forum!

I am coming from a LSG 24x48 offset. Did my last cook on it Labor Day weekend for around 60 people, and just figured out I don't have the time to tend the fire. I was watching football, going down the water slide, and wearing the Thermoworks Smoke monitor around my neck running back and forth all day.

Looking at the LSG Mini, originally wanted the Assassin but finally figured out that I don't think I need a gravity feed especially if using a temp controller. Ran across Ironside the other day, and have only been able to find a few threads or comments about them. They seem like they are built really well, and although I am not sure how often I would use it the option to have an all wood fire is always nice. Are there any other options that would set these two apart? I know the racks are a little wider on the Ironside, but was looking at adding an extra rack to the Mini along with tie downs and stainless handles.

Another kicker is LSG is about 4-5 hours from me, so it's nothing for me to drive there and pick up the smoker and grab some Post Oak while I am in Texas. Help me solve this dilemma!

I think the Ironside is an awesome smoker but being able to drive and pickup the LSG and save on shipping makes this decision a no-brainer to me. They are both great and just speaking for myself would be more than happy with either.

Looking at the Ironside again through their website, the gasket looks like it possibly would be a concern. I am probably wrong, but it appears to just be a felt type gasket. I would have to think LSG's oven style gasket would give a better seal and last longer.

Everything on the lsg has been well thought out and executed. I've had no issues with my felt gasket on my insulated cabinet in the 5 years I've had it though. Seems to me the wood burning option is the only thing keeping you from making a decision. That might be reason to lean towards Ironside.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Everything on the lsg has been well thought out and executed. I've had no issues with my felt gasket on my insulated cabinet in the 5 years I've had it though. Seems to me the wood burning option is the only thing keeping you from making a decision. That might be reason to lean towards Ironside.

LSG quality isn't questioned like you mentioned, have seen it first hand with my offset. Ironside is so new what has me wondering is lack of reviews so far, and down the road if something happens I feel as if LSG is established and will be here for a long time. Not saying Ironside won't, just they are just starting up.

You should Probally get Both and do some side by side comparison cooks. Then Sell the Loser to Me at a Discount......:heh:

LSG quality isn't questioned like you mentioned, have seen it first hand with my offset. Ironside is so new what has me wondering is lack of reviews so far, and down the road if something happens I feel as if LSG is established and will be here for a long time. Not saying Ironside won't, just they are just starting up.
You just resolved your own dilemma

Back