Shirley Fab. Has landed in VA!

Congratulations! That's a beautiful smoker. Built to last a lifetime... :cool:

Sweet... Give me a couple more years and maybe I'll want a monster that big. Might have to kick the wife's car out of the garage to store it or make a bigger gate and build a slab on the side of the house...

that is a great looking cooker. Another quality job by TQ and tyler and grats on the new weapon!

I'll look for the smoke signals you throw up with that thing to find where it is in the area :p

Congrats! I can not wait for mine to be done. I will be picking mine up from Southwestern Pa. What kind of trailer did you use? How was the drive? Please post how it preforms for you.

Ok busy day, first off i seasoned up the pit and man it is steady. From left-top middle-right temps held at 290/325/300 and stayed close to that band for a good bit. My FB is 3/8" and retains heat nicely. Unfortantly my wood guy sold me a batch of seasoned and unseasoned oak so I have to fight that, but when I get all seasoned wood in its TBS. I was making sausages most of the day to smoke for tomorrow. So pictures uploading now of the cooking and sausages.

20140309_102021_zps3xhbker5.jpg

20140309_140719_zpsperzqnpp.jpg

20140309_140817_zps96hqjwk9.jpg

20140309_140755_zpsxbeip23y.jpg

20140309_141214_zpsvwp4acrf.jpg

20140309_141207_zpsi0ag2c9z.jpg

20140309_101627_zpsibufro8l.jpg

Congrats! I can not wait for mine to be done. I will be picking mine up from Southwestern Pa. What kind of trailer did you use? How was the drive? Please post how it preforms for you.

Trailer was a small 4x8' trailer put a piece of plywood down on the bottom to spread the weight of the smoker, Ratchet straps x4, drive was a lot better northbound than south. Bosch windshield wipers suck, SC I-20 roads are filled with construction and pretty bumpy not so east bound. Pretty smooth drive uneventful just 12 hours each way is rough, unless your my wife who thought it was about 4 hours each way. Swear she took some sleeping aides

Brother that dog of yours looks like he was patiently waiting........ hope you hooked him up..... Thx for everything Matt..... and especially your service to the country..... Thx to all of our servicemen and women..... I sleep well at night because of you

Back