Probe storage and Management ??

rorkin

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on orderly guru or other probe storage.

BBQ guru used to have some curly plastic fishing keepers but they are no longer made..

I bundle them in loops and hold them in a binder clip. I don't pinch the cables, they just sit loose in the triangular opening in the cross-section of the binder clip. The binder clip comes in handy as it can clip the excess loops onto a surface on your smoker when in use.

I store my IGrill probes and control unit inside a ziplock bag that has a nice flat space to sit inside my tool box drawer. it keeps it all together and nothing gets crimped.

I loop them, use a bread tie to secure them, and hang them on the side of the frig using a magnetic hook. Right next to were I keep my Dot.

I bundle them in loops and hold them in a binder clip. I don't pinch the cables, they just sit loose in the triangular opening in the cross-section of the binder clip. The binder clip comes in handy as it can clip the excess loops onto a surface on your smoker when in use.

Like that idea

I store my IGrill probes and control unit inside a ziplock bag that has a nice flat space to sit inside my tool box drawer. it keeps it all together and nothing gets crimped.

Same here - open, gentle loops on the probe wires and carefully placed in a ziploc bag.

I treat my probe wires gently, making sure I never crimp them and they never get wet.

So I have been using an SOS pad on them and then rinsing them off for over two years. All work like a champ so far......I take that this will eventually damage the probe?

Back