The PBC went to a 4th party with me. One more reason I love this cooker. Made for a nice and enjoyable time since I just slapped the ribs on and hung out in/by the pool, had some drinks and everyone thanked me a million times for "amazing ribs" :becky:

vUbIuJjiFUcwNYSIqyDqHvBZBeh0TcTLm1wKG9ba-_A=w1744-h981-no

All I did

cLTNQCF_PYEG35CGzdKPit1-t58JV_FK6gdKDsZJqkY=w552-h981-no

Baby backs

oWleB1dGwla-3vlXl-7PuC835idzGWB0KERe9wRy4kA=w552-h981-no

Spares with Sriracha bbq sauce :thumb:

gDb9jmk544rxgmlrbWXNw9DbMivdpzrt-3bZgDjlX2E=w552-h981-no

Uk2kTLAGUknpp7jGIdlLfZ8oOyBtezjsonrbWUsBOD8=w552-h981-no

anyone ever try a craycort grate in the pbc????

I have considered it (despite the expense). I have Craycorts for my Weber OTS and love them. The PBC would take the 18.5" Craycorts, which are divided into three wedges instead of four in the case of the 22.5. Visualizing the practicality of it, You would be left with only one-third of the space (less considering the frame) for use. Either two-thirds open (leaving a small one-third grate section) or two-thirds grate with a one-third section for hanging. I'm not sure it would be superior to buying a cheap 18.5" grate and cutting out one half.

Noah said they will be coming out with half grates so you can hang and cook on the grate at the same time. Not sure when it goes on sale.

The PBC went to a 4th party with me. One more reason I love this cooker. Made for a nice and enjoyable time since I just slapped the ribs on and hung out in/by the pool, had some drinks and everyone thanked me a million times for "amazing ribs" :becky:

vUbIuJjiFUcwNYSIqyDqHvBZBeh0TcTLm1wKG9ba-_A=w1744-h981-no

All I did

cLTNQCF_PYEG35CGzdKPit1-t58JV_FK6gdKDsZJqkY=w552-h981-no

Baby backs

oWleB1dGwla-3vlXl-7PuC835idzGWB0KERe9wRy4kA=w552-h981-no

Spares with Sriracha bbq sauce :thumb:

gDb9jmk544rxgmlrbWXNw9DbMivdpzrt-3bZgDjlX2E=w552-h981-no

Uk2kTLAGUknpp7jGIdlLfZ8oOyBtezjsonrbWUsBOD8=w552-h981-no

Looks great. Way to go.

Yo PBC Appreciators :-D

I just received some exciting news! It looks like Noah, the creator of the Pit Barrel Cooker, will be joining us for the Chicago Area Gathering on the 19th! Besides selling a popular cooker, Noah has been a strong backer of the forum so it will be cool to meet him!

If you are in the area and want to join us the details are in the link above and in my signature.

I just received some exciting news! It looks like Noah, the creator of the Pit Barrel Cooker, will be joining us for the Chicago Area Gathering on the 19th! Besides selling a popular cooker, Noah has been a strong backer of the forum so it will be cool to meet him!

If you are in the area and want to join us the details are in the link above and in my signature.

I'm not sure I want to drive 3 hours there and 3 back...just wish i was a little closer.

I'm not sure I want to drive 3 hours there and 3 back...just wish i was a little closer.

Amarillo Tx to Chicago 1054 miles
Amarillo Tx to McAllen Tx 750 miles

There's your 300. 300 Texas miles is like "dear- making a beer run -need anything!"

Tell him to bring back the Brethren plaque option on the new pbcs!

I've had my PBC for well over a year and so far I am quite pleased with the results. Not everything came out perfect the first time around, but I keep getting better with it.

This weekend I am am planning on making 4 SLC racks and a Boston butt - should be fun!

p.s. SSV3, based on the picture I've seen here I can only say that one day I hope to be half as good as you are. Do you mind sharing some of your secrets? :)

Attachments

• IMG_3205.jpg
    IMG_3205.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_3497.jpg
    IMG_3497.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_3748.jpg
    IMG_3748.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_3810.JPG
    IMG_3810.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_3834.jpg
    IMG_3834.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 216

Will be a great opportunity for PBC noobies and oldies a like to say hello to Noah and perhaps pick up some tips and tricks. Anyone within a 4 hour drive should come!

Wow that's awesome! I sure wish I could make it. I think the bash alone would be fun but I also think I'd be great to get to meet and chat with Noah!......

What's the most butts anyone here has hung? I'm thinking of attempting 4-5 8 lb butts.

I wouldn't be pulling them and foiling...thinking of going to 190 ish and into the cooler to finish. Maybe double hooking under the bone and one below that so it would be hooked a total of 3 times.

Thoughts? OBTW I'm going to have a diffuser under them so they'd never end up in the fire...worst case would be knocking the diffuser down but nothing would end up in ash.

Edit: I put a cooking grate to hold my diffuser, Now there is zero chance on them falling in the fire. Yep I'm doing this!

Last edited:
I won't be able to cook on mine this weekend so I'm gonna have to live vicariously through you guys. Post some pics of your PBC cooks for me! Lol. :mrgreen:

If weather cooperates I am going to cook some chickens today and baste with melted butter per Steve Raichlen's recipe.

So what's the most bone in butts someone has hung?? If the suckers fall at least i'll know they're done! I'm only concerned with the grease but I'd trim off the fat cap completely.

So what's the most bone in butts someone has hung?? If the suckers fall at least i'll know they're done! I'm only concerned with the grease but I'd trim off the fat cap completely.

I've only done one so far but if I'm not mistaken 16Adams has done 3-4. I know he's pushed the capacity of his PBC and said everything turned out great. He never mentioned problems with too much grease. Maybe he will chime in.

I've only done one so far but if I'm not mistaken 16Adams has done 3-4. I know he's pushed the capacity of his PBC and said everything turned out great. He never mentioned problems with too much grease. Maybe he will chime in.

OK thanks, If he doesn't I'll check with him. The only difference is i'll hang the whole time and won' t pull early.

Back