Thread: imagine this
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #8
tony76248
is One Chatty Farker

When I was in the restaurant business.....(I was the dish washer/busboy/kitchen gofer and I ate my weight in food about every three or four days).... We would take all of the left over meats and make something else with them. Here is a list a foods you should avoid if you care.... I can tell you, we got our money's worth out of our meat grinder.

Chicken and Turkey Croquettes, The type of croquette will be determined by which ever flavor is dominant.

Ham Croquettes, they also use chicken and turkey mixed in these, if there is some laying around, again the dominant flavor prevails.

Salmon patties or croquettes, they will add left over varieties of white fish, that said the salmon flavor is always dominant.

Let us not forget Meatloaf, any, all and most beef and pork products will reside here.

Now the establishment I worked in was a cafeteria type restaurant, that equals old folks...and they were always asking for the croquettes too. I can guarantee that we didn't have any meats laying around that place. We turned over our stock every two or three days as I would imagine most restaurants do.

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Brinkmann Model 6668 Gasser
Hibachi Grill
Stumps GF223 w/ Stoker assist
ECB that wins the $
Weber One-Touch Gold 22-1/2"
#3 Komono
Large BGE w/ Stoker assist
55 gallon Drum Smoker
Wood Crate Cold smoker w/ smoke injector
No need for certification, I already know good BBQ!
tony76248 is offline   Reply With Quote