I ran mine in 10* weather and it ran like a champ. Woke up the next morning to dump out the ashes and burnt my finger.

C0DWWpWh.png

And how cold does it get in Tucson anyway?

Rainy with lows in the 30s, highs in 50s right now. Actually snowed in the mountains over the weekend!

Even turned on the heater in the cantina while cooking Sunday :thumb:

(Yeah, I've become totally thin-blooded living out here... :icon_blush:)

Attachments

• cantinaHeater.jpg
    cantinaHeater.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 298
Teens happened a few years ago.

Thousands of houses (including mine and my neighbors) had their non-insulated, above-ground PVC (!) water pipes burst.

Building codes out here are a bit lax in that area....

Went to Home Depot and the plumbing aisles were barren from everyone making a run on piping...

Here's something pretty. I did a cook on the PBC the other day, and I took a screenshot of the igrill readout just to show the steady temp control. Obviously, the blip was me messing in the pit. Nice even cook:

mWbPrhfl.jpg

Hey Deebo, mind sharing how the guru hooks up to the PBC? I saw on their site they recommended the universal weber connector, but a previous post by seasalted mentioned an XL Grill Dome Adapter.
I have one of the newer PBCs and have had issues with temps as well. Thinking the CyberQ really makes things easy and doesn't completely tarnish the PBC concept. Still hanging meat over coals... just with a little more O2 control?
~ Mike

Here's how it sits in PBC. The top is secured by the same screw used to secure the intake cover and the bottom sits in a seam that is created from the construction of the PBC. The adapter is the Weber (Universal) adapter and it fits as perfect as possible. You'll notice the staining on the sides of the adapter. A little bit of smoke does leak out from the sides. I'm sure it's not enough to affect the cook but I'm a stickler for little things like that so I'll be adding a high-temp resistant weather seal to the edge of the intake so seal it against the adapter. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Attachments

• 20171219_163905.jpg
    20171219_163905.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 222
Great looking cooks, guys! Makes me want to do ribs ASAP.

So I crushed the cook this weekend for my big party...back in business and confident with the PBC. I think I used to run lower and slower than advertised on the PBC but whatever I'm doing at my new place has it running as it is supposed to and I just needed to adjust accordingly...probably an airflow thing as it takes on more of the ocean breeze than before.

Anyways, 12.5# brisket and 7.5# butt on at 9 AM, foil wrapped at 1:15 then off into a cooler at 3:15. So it went for six hours like the website says...first time I've had a brisket done that quickly, never mind while having a butt ride shotgun. I pulled the pork and sliced the brisket after a three hour hold. Everything was fantastic. Brisket passed the bend test beautifully and probably could have passed an IQ test or any other test. I thought the pork would be the most popular due to the amount of females there but there was hardly any brisket left over with even the "I don't really eat beef" crowd succumbing to the Black Ops flavored brisket. It was great.

Side note...did wings on the Blackstone 36 for the first time. They were good but are no match for wings off of the PBC.

Attachments

• spread.jpg
    spread.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Spread 2.jpg
    Spread 2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 215
Here's how it sits in PBC. The top is secured by the same screw used to secure the intake cover and the bottom sits in a seam that is created from the construction of the PBC. The adapter is the Weber (Universal) adapter and it fits as perfect as possible. You'll notice the staining on the sides of the adapter. A little bit of smoke does leak out from the sides. I'm sure it's not enough to affect the cook but I'm a stickler for little things like that so I'll be adding a high-temp resistant weather seal to the edge of the intake so seal it against the adapter. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I drilled two holes, one bottom left and one bottom right to secure the bottom of the adapter. Then, two small nuts and bolts. It prevents leaks and prevents the adapter from bending when you insert the PartyQ.

Nice spread BK! Glad you're back on the grind. I always make sure my basket is fully lit and there is no white or billowy smoke first before I hang in the PB's. I'd gotten a bit rusty when I first rec'd the PBJ and I started it like the Hunsaker without letting everything ignite but corrected myself starting the second cook.

I drilled two holes, one bottom left and one bottom right to secure the bottom of the adapter. Then, two small nuts and bolts. It prevents leaks and prevents the adapter from bending when you insert the PartyQ.

I don't know if I've gotten to the point mentally where I'm ready to drill into my PBC. LOL! I may have to attempt a couple drill-less solutions first.

Anyone had any luck hanging a spiral cut ham? I did two last year for a period before they started to fall through the hooks and had to finish on the grate. I planned on doing the ham this year in a pan or on the grate but we're also doing a 14 lb turkey. I've got the turkey hanger and the hinged grate, but because of where the turkey hangs, I don't think it will work with the hinged grate. Should I just use twine on the ham and try to hang again? Or is there a way to rig up the turkey hanger to get it to hand directly below the rebar on one side?

I don't know if I've gotten to the point mentally where I'm ready to drill into my PBC. LOL! I may have to attempt a couple drill-less solutions first.
Drill the adapter at 3 and 9 o'clock, close to the PBC hole, and use fender washers on the outside to pull the adapter tight.

Back