Sawtooth Pellet Grill 610HD wowza (pic heavy)

Looks great! Im just saddened by your aTm support when the local Huskies should clearly be above them! Bow Down to Washington! ;-)

So what is the comtroller, auger assembly and fire pot like? And comparison thoughts?

Looks great! Im just saddened by your aTm support when the local Huskies should clearly be above them! Bow Down to Washington! ;-)

Well, you see, I married an Aggie. And if anyone knows when you marry a Texan, its best not mess. Ive secretly fixed it. Dawg for life.

GO Dawgs! Beat Cal!

So what is the comtroller, auger assembly and fire pot like? And comparison thoughts?
The controller is great. I can go to 150 cold smoke up to 500. Probes go up to over 200 which is fine for me. All these PID controller from REC use different algorithms, and I had a long chat with the owner about his, and his feelings on his controller. Its Excellent. Better than all the other units I've owned. You set it and it gets to that temp and hold rock solid.
Some things i'd change:
Wish I could program different temp changes over the cook, but not yet. Would like two probes. Have stoker anyway so its a moot point.
Lots of cool stuff in the pipeline with it.

It uses the a similar firepot to Yoder and Louisiana Grills. So instead of a rounded pot like Traegers and all the other brands, its square, and the pellets drop into it from about 3 inches up.

I love it. I think this is one of the reasons that the Yoder smokes so well is this style of the firepot. Its about 8 inches wide, so pellets have more room to smolder.

Auger Assembly is small in length. only about 6 inches long.

One thing I would do is have a bigger hopper. Its 15lbs and that is a touch small for the steel thickness. takes some fuel to get this steel warm.

Back