View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 08:23 PM   #38
WeberWho
is one Smokin' Farker

I have owned 7 Big Green Eggs in the last 7 years. I don't ever see myself without one. It's a fantastic grill. You literally set it and forget it. Which is awesome but I knew I had to be missing something. I picked up a Shirley stick burner this summer and found exactly what I was missing. Yes it takes way more work than the BGE but the flavor can't be replicated.

I always chuckled when people mentioned that they missed using sticks and stoking a fire. I always thought they couldn't be serious when they said that. I mean who wants to go through all that extra work? I can proudly say I'm one of those people who enjoy the extra work now. It feels like I drive the cook rather than just picking it up when it's done. It's rewarding I guess. That's maybe why I've never bought an automatic transmission vehicle.

That's just my personal experience with sticks so far. I can also see why others are opposed to it. Especially being limited with time. The BGE will always be my workhorse but sticks are way more fun and rewarding!
WeberWho is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->