• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Anybody use Ole Hickory CTO in restaurant?

Jeff Therrell

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We have leased a new restaurant and don't really have a space to put a smoker thru the wall or outside. We are looking at the 2 CTOs because we also don't have a door wider than 36"s. Will this be enough smoker to handle a 125 seat restaurant in a very busy city?
Thanks, Jeff
Pecan Pit BBQ and Cajun Cafe

They are workhorses and have some room. I am not familiar withquantities in them but I do know a local bar that runs two cto's and offers ribs, sliced brisket, pulled pork and no complaints however their main business is beers and if your is bbq it might take some getting used to to juggle quantities and may run thin at times.

Also Margaret at ole hickory is very knowledgeable regarding capacity and requirements have you tried talking with her?

I saw that they just came out with a Double wide CTO, 40 sf of cooking space. Might be worth looking into.

You going to be open for lunch and dinner?

Not even close. Think about looking at the double model.

We were going to get 2 of the small ones but then we seen the double. They just got the double on their website today and I've already talked with them today. $9700 for the double is not a bad price.

Back