Beer can chickens on the UDS - inject ot not?

NitroxGuy

Reaction score
I'm doing 3-4 beer can chickens on my UDS this sunday, was wondering what the verdict was on injecting them? Wasn't planning on it initially, but was wondering what peeps thought

These are my first chickens, lotsa butts, ribs and ABTs have all gone way better than I expected.

Once again proving there is no right or wrong way to do it, only your own way. I'll have to ponder the injection over some injection fluid (beer) this evening.

While I don't inject I am a believer in brining. 2/3 cup of kosher salt and 1 cup of honey per gallon of water for 8- 12 hours is what I've been doing. Chicken, turkey, or game hens, it seems they all benefit from it.

I've never injected. I have marinated. I can't tell the difference over a plain bird.

Bob

I never inject Beer Can Chicken. I've already got spices rubbed in and inside the cavity along with 1/2 can of beer.

I have eaten some very good Beer Can Chicken that was Injected,
but I've never taken the time or trouble to inject a bird.

While I don't inject I am a believer in brining. 2/3 cup of kosher salt and 1 cup of honey per gallon of water for 8- 12 hours is what I've been doing. Chicken, turkey, or game hens, it seems they all benefit from it.

+1 on brining. I tried this last week for the first time, and I won't cook another bird without brining.

Back