cooking on the road with the weber go-anywhere

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
this little grill is handy. when I'm out of town for work I like to do some cooking. mostly ribeye and porterhouse but I do enjoy the occasional pork steak

BCLr9e0l.jpg

k6hMiEYl.jpg

its the only gas grill I'll mess with other than my Blackstone

I kept mine at the marina for years.
I went through 2 of them in 22 years.
I'm gonna dig it out of deep storage for camper duty when I don't feel like setting up the Blackstone Tailgater.

Nice. I love my charcoal GA.

So the gas model has no vents on the lid.

They do come in handy, and the food you cook is going to be fresher and better, not to mention cheaper, than anything you will eat at a restaurant.

I'd like to imagine you in the parkinglot of a hotel grilling on your own grill while occupying a parking space or two. I know it's probably not the case, but it's a funny thought.

Good looking on the go food!

The only gas grill I have ever owned was a small mid 1970s model hooked up to the natural gas line. It was there when I bought the house and was not in very good shape. Used a couple of times and then bought a Happy Cooker (Weber Kettle look alike, but I bet you knew that). Put out some good pork steaks over the years!

I have the newer model - it has vents on the top.

Love that little grill. I take it all over the place. I’ll also fire it up at home quite often in place of my regular kettle if I’m doing a couple of burgers or sausages.

I'd like to imagine you in the parkinglot of a hotel grilling on your own grill while occupying a parking space or two. I know it's probably not the case, but it's a funny thought.

Good looking on the go food!

lol. that's exactly what I do. when I first started working with these guys it was carryout every night. after one week I brought a grill and one of them asked what I was doing.....duh tailgating

now the grill is full most every night. per diem goes a lot further at a grocery store.

One of my window crews carries a gas WGA in their box truck for occasional lunch break tailgating.....at customers' houses! I haven't received any complaints yet, so GRILL ON DUDES!

I went to a Dutch Phorum Bash with Phubar a few years back and everyone was cooking on WGA's. It was Pharking amazing what all they were cooking - picanha, breaded scallops, bouillabaise, plus a lot of the traditional stuPh as well. The WGA is a mighty thang and a great choice. Nice vittles there on yours!

You are making that thing sing. I never had any luck with mine. Of course there might have always been alcohol involved and early 20's in the parking lot at Pine Knob

Love it! Back when I was always on the road-I did the same thing. I still tend to look for a hotel with a kitchen when possible. These days I don't travel nearly as often, so I don't mind a week of takeout every so often.

I do have a full Milwaukee Packout kit that I've converted to my 'mobile kitchen' that I take with me if I'll be gone for a while ( = I also keep a sous vide in there, so I can bring a cooler of pre-smoked goodies, and reheat in the room.

Very nice Steve You have gotten a lot of use out of that thing on your work trips I just gave my old Weber Gas Genesis to my son with new flavor bars Hope he gets good use out of it

Love it! Back when I was always on the road-I did the same thing. I still tend to look for a hotel with a kitchen when possible. These days I don't travel nearly as often, so I don't mind a week of takeout every so often.

I do have a full Milwaukee Packout kit that I've converted to my 'mobile kitchen' that I take with me if I'll be gone for a while ( = I also keep a sous vide in there, so I can bring a cooler of pre-smoked goodies, and reheat in the room.

that's a great idea but I dont do those red tools even tho they look sexy. black and yellow for life (I'll admit those packout boxes are nice)

I like the idea of taking bbq on the road and sous vide reheating....game changer right there

Very nice Steve You have gotten a lot of use out of that thing on your work trips I just gave my old Weber Gas Genesis to my son with new flavor bars Hope he gets good use out of it

thanks it's done me well George. I have wanted to upgrade but space is alway at a premium. the size is just right, it doesn't use too much fuel and it gets the job done well enough. hope your son finds a use for the genesis

Back