Builtrite I get that you are attempting to defend yourself. As an outside party that has no dog in the race I can tell you you continual posting is not helping one ounce. Clearly you don't get this and I seriously doubt you will stop posting.

Maybe in the beginning it was good to say a few words, but the same tennis ball is just going back and forth over the net and you are doing more harm continuing this dance. I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears so keep smacking away.

YOU called it a raffle, in print and video, not me.
You persist with the lie that everyone knew they weren't built but you somehow can provide no evidence to support that, not to me not the FL SAG, not the BBB, no one.
If I had known your reputation prior to the RAFFLE you had you can bet you would not have gotten a dime of my money. If I did break the law I would accept responsibility and the consequences.
I have been imploring since January to at least tell me when I would get my smoke or give me the retail value, remember explaining zero sum to you? Not jumping on any bandwagon, more like a victim support group.
You're right, I cannot see them anymore because you removed me. The truth makes you uncomfortable and you don't want to be exposed as a fraud to the other group members, just say so, own it. Stop being a sniveling POS

Sir I'm not afraid of anything.
However I don't like being portrayed something I'm not!
But I will not argue with you, I don't have the time or energy! Like I told you as soon as I informed you that you were 1 of the winners I will get it to you ASAP. And you agreed then. Again I'm sorry it has taken longer than expected.
As for the name calling I will not stoop to that level!

Builtrite I get that you are attempting to defend yourself. As an outside party that has no dog in the race I can tell you you continual posting is not helping one ounce. Clearly you don't get this and I seriously doubt you will stop posting.

Maybe in the beginning it was good to say a few words, but the same tennis ball is just going back and forth over the net and you are doing more harm continuing this dance. I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears so keep smacking away.

The only reason I respond now is I'm tired of the accusations and name calling. I get constant messages asking why I don't stick up for myself.
Danged if you don't danged if you do

The only reason I respond now is I'm tired of the accusations and name calling. I get constant messages asking why I don't stick up for myself.
Danged if you don't danged if you do

And you've made this statement many times already and it clearly isn't helping, which again makes my point. You can't see the forest from the trees here man. But keep at it if you feel it is necessary :thumb:

From an outside perspective,

Donnie, you’ve got a lot of guts to step up and post in this thread while everyone is sharpening their pitchforks and lighting their torches. I really hope you can turn this around and get your head above water, because it really doesn’t look good for you.

If you are working build to build, waiting for the next deposit to pay for the next build on your list, which it seems like you are, you need to get your business straightened out. That is not a sustainable way to run a business and this is going to keep replaying itself over and over. This thread is close to a year old and you haven’t managed to right yourself yet. In fact, long after the initial complaints when you “fell behind” from loss of workers, you continue to have the same issues happen again and again.

The business you run is largely a handshake business. In such a business, your word means everything. Your problem is that you’ve shown that your word doesn’t mean much if anything. You need to stop making promises you can’t keep. Be honest with your customers, and start making your customers your first priority. You seem to do give a lot of lip service until that stops working and then get angry and defensive with people who only want what you promised them. How can you be angry with potential customers for wanting what you sold them in the time frame you gave them (or let’s be honest, in most cases they were settling with 3-4x as long as what was promised) it’s ridiculous. Until you can re evaluate your customer service, PR, and financial practices, this is just going to go on, and on, and on. You do not come off well in this thread. I have no dog in this fight, but based solely on your responses in this thread I would never ever do business with you.

I do not understand why you don’t stop taking orders all together, build and sell all the outstanding orders you have (or make your refunds) and press the reset button on this whole thing. I hope you can turn this around, but I doubt you will without some pretty drastic steps on your part. I wish you luck.

yeah, well..seems this thread has again gone into a flat spin and become somewhat counterproductive. The points been made with consistency of the allegations(from both sides) and theres not much new information being shared.

so, as before we will close this for the time being and when there is a legitimate update from either side, simply PM the mod team and we will reopen it for constructive and informative dialogue. For now we feel its just more dog-piling and not helping the situation one way or the other.

It can/will be opened on request by anyone directly involved who has a helpful and constructive update on either side of the saga. Just send us a note.

Opening for an update. Please keep civil and factual. Only post if you have personal and factual experience or legitimate question/feedback. No dog piling.

Update

Here's a short update since this thread was reasonably closed. Not only have i STILL not received the smoker I won in 2017. There are more victims. Not only of a fake raffle but of the same ponzi schemes he's perpetrated in the past. Thanks BBQchef33 for allowing me to do this.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/st-george/profile/charcoal/built-rite-cookers-0403-235973881/complaints

I first filed a complaint with the FL. State AG, because Florida was an address he gave and Built Rite was incorporated in FL.,but that was referred to GA when Boston said he neither lives nor does business in FL. In spite of what he may say, that it was dropped due to lack of evidence or whatever, I have documentation to the contrary.

Enough is enough with this guy. If you've been a victim or know someone who has, here's a link to the Georgia State Attorney General's Office, Office of Consumer Protection, you can file electronically.

http://ocp.ga.gov/

His trailer and shop are in St. George GA. It's Charlton County. The Sheriff's information is:

1548 Third Street
Folkston, GA 31537-8906

Phone: 912-496-7321
Fax: 912-496-7612

Deputy Grover Rhoden is familiar with Boston, I've been told that if you want to go to the Sheriff or the Magistrate, you can swear out a warrant.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ANY AND ALL OF THIS INFORMATION WHERE YOU SEE FIT. LET'S PROTECT OUR FELLOW BRETHREN

Last edited:
I am another of Donnies victims. I ordered my smoker early November of 2017 with a $2100 deposit with a promised delivery by the end of December 2017. 19 months later I still have nothing. I have heard every excuse in the book, been lied to and swore at. I understand the GA Department of Consumer Protection is now looking into this clown.

I know some guys getting rid of one, if anyone in the KC area wants one, I can put you in touch.

Well, that explains the emails I’ve been receiving from Georgia’s Attorney General Office. While my money was eventually refunded thanks to this forum, I imagine they are trying to build a history of ‘questionable’ business practices.

Well, that explains the emails I’ve been receiving from Georgia’s Attorney General Office. While my money was eventually refunded thanks to this forum, I imagine they are trying to build a history of ‘questionable’ business practices.
That's great news! Sadly your refund probably came from some poor guy just like you that put a down payment on his cooker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Glad things worked out for you. He's scammed so many more since this started it's unbelievable

Glad things worked out for you. He's scammed so many more since this started it's unbelievable

Sad to see there are still lies and assumptions being posted here!
If anything you were saying were true I would not still be building smokers. I would be in jail Sir! Contrary to your statements Det. Rhoden has been to my place of business and apparently agrees with me that I have done nothing criminal, simply fallen behind. I have addressed that and am doing everything I can to get all my customers their products as quickly as possible.
I may be guilty of bad business communications, but am working to correct that and continue moving forward.
I'm still learning every day, and still have a long way to go, however I am definitely not what I am being portrayed as and all that will come to light very soon!
Have a good day

Why is this lad not banned?
This guy is just a generic f'ing hustler.
Apologies ta the mods, but you, son need ta yer chit and go. Wouldn't wish ya on the most disliked member here.

Sad to see there are still lies and assumptions being posted here!
If anything you were saying were true I would not still be building smokers. I would be in jail Sir! Contrary to your statements Det. Rhoden has been to my place of business and apparently agrees with me that I have done nothing criminal, simply fallen behind. I have addressed that and am doing everything I can to get all my customers their products as quickly as possible.
I may be guilty of bad business communications, but am working to correct that and continue moving forward.
I'm still learning every day, and still have a long way to go, however I am definitely not what I am being portrayed as and all that will come to light very soon!
Have a good day
You've been repeating this same "fallen behind" nonsense for years now.

Maya Angelo said *when people show you who they are, believe fhem".

That seems to fit you well.

This thread might of started 3.5 years ago but his scam goes way beyond that.

Back