• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Any Frozen Burger Patty Suggestions...Speaking of Lazy Man Meals

jzadski

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have had the different burger patties from Costco which were so so. Tried Omaha Steak and was impressed. Anyone have any suggestions that are reasonably priced? Looked at SNF and was over budget...Thanks!

Restaurant Depot if I happen to think about it when I'm there. Otherwise I make my own and freeze them or I'll pick up fresh meat.

Hey All,

I have had the different burger patties from Costco which were so so. Tried Omaha Steak and was impressed. Anyone have any suggestions that are reasonably priced? Looked at SNF and was over budget...Thanks!

I would recomend you askin the butcher to grind you some sirloin maybe or brisket. You can always get one of the little rubber burger presses and a grinder and do it yourself. That way you can blend your own. just freeze meal sized portions.

Honestly there is only two of us so i tend to get value pack meats and use my inkbird vacuum sleaer to portion several meals out of it. poor .. you know how it goes. I been working the entire pandemic too :<(.

https://sliceofkitchen.com/best-meats-to-grind-for-burgers-plus-5-delicious-burger-recipes/

I would recomend you askin the butcher to grind you some sirloin maybe or brisket. You can always get one of the little rubber burger presses and a grinder and do it yourself. That way you can blend your own. just freeze meal sized portions.

Honestly there is only two of us so i tend to get value pack meats and use my inkbird vacuum sleaer to portion several meals out of it. poor .. you know how it goes. I been working the entire pandemic too :<(.

https://sliceofkitchen.com/best-meats-to-grind-for-burgers-plus-5-delicious-burger-recipes/

Thanks! I guess I just need to be less lazy lol. I skimmed the article for now and will read better later. Looks like some really good info.

Restaurant Depot for sure. Get the Certified Angus 80/20 burgers which are great on a grill or griddle and designed to cook frozen. Just season with SPOG, cook on one side until you see juices and flip once. Easy!

The patties come in three sizes which will be marked 4/1 (Quarter Pound), 3/1 (Third Pound), and 2/1 (Half Pound). Sold in a ten-pound case.

I always keep one case in the freezer for those days when my teenagers have friends suddenly appear for game days. You can also get a giant stack of sliced American Cheese while you are there!

Decided to man up and not be lazy...well the wife did at least. Got home from work this morning and she had them ready to vac seal after chilling in the freezer...what great gal!!!

Attachments

• pac.jpg
    pac.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 72
  • PXL_20211206_164038590.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211206_164038590.MP.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 72
If I'm not patting them out myself I like these.

Walmart or Sam's. 1/3lb Angus 12ct for $16.93. I'm not sure the ratio but they don't shrink much so I'm guessing around 80/20. They are quite tasty.

Last edited:
Back