• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A Venison, Wild Morel, Duck Egg Breakfast

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
My ducks and hens have been keeping me supplied with fresh eggs every day. I hydrated some of the morels gathered this spring, grabbed a bit of venison from rifle season and made a quick breakfast.

kFqaofI.jpg

KYqlbRN.jpg

The nest box area is a busy place. lol

zMZIAAP.png

RzbxjvE.jpg

MHhUrzb.jpg

This was the small end of a whitetail doe backstrap ...

woGILqu.jpg

I cut the strap in half, hydrated the dried morels...

mvQ4gbp.jpg

started the morels first, they take the longest...

9Brdrkz.jpg

Next the backstrap. I seasoned with cold smoked salt and pepper blend..

Gtz2muU.jpg

qkpzitd.jpg

Scooched the mushrooms over and cracked a couple of duck eggs into the skillet...

I9gkLfj.jpg

I was starving. The skillet didn't make it to the house!

mpLajxL.jpg

jjsfdtX.jpg

I'm not sure if my hunger level had anything to do with it, but I really enjoyed the meal. I also had enough venison and morels left over for my lunch! :grin:

Thanks for looking!

Wow Jeanie that looks great! My girls are jealous, they definitely don't have curtains on their laying boxes lol.

That’s the world’s fanciest chicken coop! And you were smart and disciplined enough to save some morels... I ate all mine like a pig.

Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now that is one hell of a breakfast! Certainly puts my breakfast burrito to shame that I had today.

Dammit! Here we go again.

No way Pioneer Woman can compete with that.
lol Thanks Erik! :grin:

Excellent work! As usual...

Thank you Mytmouz! :grin:

You never cease to amaze Jeanie.

Very kind of you Marty, thanks! :grin:

Wow Jeanie that looks great! My girls are jealous, they definitely don't have curtains on their laying boxes lol.

Thank you Bob! Nice to hear that you enjoy fresh eggs too! :grin:
My coop was damaged during some bad weather, so when I repaired it, I ended up "beautifying" the inside too. It was a fun project. lol

Tip top fo sho!

Thanks so much Blue! :grin:

That’s the world’s fanciest chicken coop! And you were smart and disciplined enough to save some morels... I ate all mine like a pig.

Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Kevin! Wish I would have gathered more, but I'm happy to find any at all. I don't blame you for eating them fresh. They're so danged tasty. :grin:

A breakfast masterpiece! As I expected.
Thanks Craig! Good to see ya!

Oh yah? I'm gonna cut up a left over brat and put it some scrambled eggs, so there!
Ed
Curtains in the coop = special.

Ed, your brat breakfast sounds great!! Hope you take pics for us. Thanks! :grin:

I've never had duck eggs. I'm definitely intrigued! :cool:
Thanks Nick! I really like duck eggs. They're great for baking too. :grin:

Whatabreakfast!!!

Thanks Jeremy! Have a great weekend! :grin:

I love the "Egg Plant" :cool:

Thanks! It was pretty ugly before I slapped a coat of paint on and hung the curtains. lol :grin:

Now that is one hell of a breakfast! Certainly puts my breakfast burrito to shame that I had today.

Shoot, I bet your burrito was tasty!! I'd trade ya. lol Thanks! :grin:

Feel free ta cook me breakfast anytime!!
Looks great, Miss Lady!!

-D
Thanks Dave! Talk about cooking breakfast, I'd be happy to taste one of your duck egg breakfasts. I'm sure they're delicious!! :-D

Thanks again everybody!

Something tells me Jeanie that your chickens are very appreciative for the nice digs and reward you with extra tasty eggs, shows you really care about your critters. I'm thinking about those leftovers wrapped up in a warm tortilla. Thanks for sharing.

Back