Brisket Day!

silverfinger

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
It's 8:30 in the morning and I'm letting the old Kamado come up to temp before I drop 15 1/2 lbs of brisket into it.

I'm cooking this for my wife, aka MaBBQ.
She went on this diet about 5 months ago and all her protein mainly comes from BBQ. She likes the brisket the best so when she starts running low I start to hear about it. So far she has dropped over 50 lbs.

Anyway, back to the brisket. Since I will be here all day smokin meat I thought I would post pron during the cook. I'm gonna have to cook something for the kids later on today so maybe I will post photos of that as well.

Pron to be posted soon.

Looking forward to the results. I'm curious to see how fast and at what temps you do your brisket. I started my 14lber at 10 last night, and was quite surprised to hear the temp alarm go off at 3 am ish, when it reached 165.

Love me some brisket!

I find if I start cooking brisket at 220 the meat temp rises to fast in this type of smoker.

So, Been running the temp under 200 for the first 2 hrs.
Meat is up to 102.

No hurry today, no hurry at all. :thumb:

Holy Low and Slo Batman!
When are you gonna crank it a bit?
Never? Blu will be sad.

Holy Low and Slo Batman!
When are you gonna crank it a bit?
Never? Blu will be sad.

Because it's not an offset smoker, running the temp to high causes the temp of the meat to rise to fast.

I just added fuel. 5 1/2 hrs in. The temp on the meat is 180.
No need to rush this thing.
View attachment 99803

Last edited:
The new fuel is already pushing temps to 210. I don't have a problem with it getting to 220 but I won't let it pass that.

Right now 200 for this smoker is perfect.

Looks good so far Silverfinger!

Maybe you can help me understand something tho........How does a cooking temp of 220 in the cooker you are using cook any faster than 220 in any other cooker? Is there some kind of "convection effect" or something? Just curious here.

KC

Looks good so far Silverfinger!

Maybe you can help me understand something tho........How does a cooking temp of 220 in the cooker you are using cook any faster than 220 in any other cooker? Is there some kind of "convection effect" or something? Just curious here.

KC

I can't really say. I've never cooked brisket in anything other then my Kamado that's over 50 years old. I just do what works best for me.

Now, it is over direct heat so upping the temp would cause it to cook to fast. Faster then a offset/stick burner.

Back