View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 09:13 AM   #146
Bob C Cue
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradymartin View Post
if i wanted to cook just a chicken and a rack of ribs i assume i have to still use a full 8lbs of kingsford. so if after the meat is done i can snuff out the coals, and then reuse them for next cook, even though some might be partly used? or would i have to use unused kingsford for each cook?

im looking at this or a wsm
I have had success snuffing out the coals by closing off the rebar holes with small magnets and the bottom vent with a piece of foil secured by a couple of magnets. Fire goes out pretty quickly, which is also helpful if you want to cover the PBC or store it without having to wait for all the coals to burn out. For my next cook I make sure I remove all of the ash and any really small coals before adding new ones.

Another tip is to line the bottom of the pit with a layer of HD foil before you add the basket. It really makes cleanup much easier and cleaner. Carefully remove the foil and dispose of the ashes. Otherwise you have to turn the unit over and dump it which gets kind of messy. Just make sure the foil does not block the bottom vent.

If you love great bbq but don't want to spend much time tending the fire, get the PBC. If you want to be more hands on and monitor your cook, you may want to go with the WSM. Be sure to let us know what you decide!
Thermoworks Smoke
Bob C Cue is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->