Sons going away bash

boomers bbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well the day is getting closer, my son joined the Army, and he is leaving on the 26th. One of his requests was a BBQ going away party. Well i just could not let that slide by. So when I get out of the office today I will be stopping at Sams and getting a few butts to rub and a big pork belly to make into burnt ends. Pics and more to follow as they are ready.
I could not be any prouder of my son, this has been his dream his whole life.

My son left for the Army 3 days after his 18th birthday. I remember that day well. He took a medical retirement about 1 1/2 years ago, and just turned 31 on Monday. Thanks to him for what he's about to go thru, and thanks to you for what you will go thru too.

I hope the party goes off without a hitch, and give him a hug will ya?

Hope the Q turns out great. And more importantly that your son serves proudly and receives the appreciation and recognition that our service men and women deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My son served in the Army also.He is home now,safe and sound,thank God! I would like to thank you and your son for his service.I hope you all have a wonderful party.GODSPEED!To you both!

He is deserved... any and all... going away bashes thrown.... for the commitment he is making!!

Sounds like he is getting a good one.

I hope that this is the party of all parties and that your son serves proudly, honorably, and most of all, safely. I can't wait to see the post for his welcome home (or possibly retirement) party. Hopefully, we are ALL around to see that!! Best of luck to him.

Thank him for me for his service. I also want to thank you for the support you are giving your son. Not every would do that. So thanks all around and enjoy that special day!

it’s 5:30 A.M. butts have been on for a couple hours now, going to get the pork belly going here in a few hours for the burnt ends.
More picks to follow, hopefully I get one of Tyler without him knowing.

Last edited:
Back