• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bacon Maple Glazed Long Johns

You,my dear, are a true INSPIRATION! Those treats look DIVINE! :clap2:

diabeetus.jpg

Sitting here listening to obscure Simon and Garfunkel. Thinking of the time I drove from Austin TX to Alexandria LA with 39cents a can of Skoal and my soon to be confiscated Dad’s American Express. I departed Austin around 2am. Some little town in deep East TX I stopped to get gas. I had been boxing that week and was 1&1. I looked and felt battered.
Topped off with gas bought a maple long john and coffee. The lady looked genuinely concerned. Black eye and a bent ear.

The rain- pitch black back roads. The maple long john.

Good times.

Thank You

:laugh: Thanks Speeed! :grin:

Dang Neighbor! Can't add any more than what has been said already. Yum! Gotta show this thread to my dad but afraid he'd go mad. :laugh: He'll have a dozen by himself.
lol Thanks Neighbor! Your dad sounds like me! I thought that next time I should double the batch... but that's probably not a good idea! :laugh:

Wilford Brimley just tossed his glucose monitor out the truck window and backed up twice just to be sure the job was done.

That's top spot bucket list last meal worthy for real!

:laugh: Thanks Bob! :mrgreen:

You,my dear, are a true INSPIRATION! Those treats look DIVINE! :clap2:

Thank you Hoss!! :grin:

Lol! Good one Marc! :grin:

Sitting here listening to obscure Simon and Garfunkel. Thinking of the time I drove from Austin TX to Alexandria LA with 39cents a can of Skoal and my soon to be confiscated Dad’s American Express. I departed Austin around 2am. Some little town in deep East TX I stopped to get gas. I had been boxing that week and was 1&1. I looked and felt battered.
Topped off with gas bought a maple long john and coffee. The lady looked genuinely concerned. Black eye and a bent ear.

The rain- pitch black back roads. The maple long john.

Good times.

Thank You

:laugh: Great story Adams! Thanks! :mrgreen:

That’s it, just put the coins on my eyes!

lol Too funny!! Thanks Blue!

I've driven across OK a few times in the past weeks. I keep rolling down the windows in the car and trying to sniff out your food...but I've failed so far!

Always impressive ( =

Wish I could have sugar, I'd eat myself silly on those!

Brings back memories of my Mom making em, thanks. :)

What I like about those is that you can easily fit one in each hand. I will absolutely be making those in the near future, and if my attempt turns out good, they just may make an appearance at the Carolina Bash in early April. You always amaze and impress with your creations and this one is at the top. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

Wish I could have sugar, I'd eat myself silly on those!

Brings back memories of my Mom making em, thanks. :)

Have you tried Lakanto Monkfruit sweeteners? They are very good. They can be used as 1:1 replacement for sugar, and have no impact on blood sugar. They also make a maple syrup. It isn't nearly as good as the real deal, but is great for a zero sugar syrup.

Those look fantastic!! The ones around here are all fried in lard and cream filled. They will take 10 years off your life expectancy but worth it.

Thanks everybody! I was happy with the way they turned out. :grin:

Fantastic! I hope those were smoked nuts.:-D
I wish! I'm out of smoked nuts right now. lol I'll have to remedy that. Thanks Josh! :grin:

I've driven across OK a few times in the past weeks. I keep rolling down the windows in the car and trying to sniff out your food...but I've failed so far!

Always impressive ( =

Have to wait for a breeze from the north. I'm north of I40. lol Thanks! :grin:

What, you don't know how to make sweet cream filling??
Ed
I do Ed, but that's not what I was making. :laugh:
These were Bacon Maple Glazed Long Johns, no cream filling wanted. :grin:

Thanks again Friends!

Back