View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #13
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenfro12 View Post
The question is.... will a GBA judge know what to do with a piece of chicken.
While it's probably rhetorical, I'll actually answer this straight up, with a very practical example.

Most GBA CBJ's have been CBJ's in other sanctioning bodies long before GBA was in existence, and some are CBJ's in multiple others, notably KCBS and MiM/MBN. I recognize some of these guys being CBJ's 10+ years ago. Many also have many more than 100 competitions judged. Also, many have cooked and competed on their own, not just with another team.

Last year, Pigs N Wings, if I recall correctly they sat 6 tables of brisket with KCBS CBJ's, except for 3 of us. Of the 3, we were all 3 CBJ's in MBN and we'd all 3 cooked/competed multiple times in KCBS cookoffs, not with a team, but as head cooks, so the 3 of us that weren't KCBS CBJ's were CBJ's in 2 (or more) sanctioning bodies, probably averaging 60 cookoffs judged each, and had competed in KCBS multiple times.

Not a bad field, for ancillary brisket, from the field of GBA CBJ's.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote