Christmas Smoker Recommendations

Message this guy and offer $400.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/643471512843629/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LOL!
Used like new. :twitch:
So which is it?
Used? Or like new?

You can always line a thinner firebox with firebrick lining and gain a huge amount of heat control and years of life.

Make sure you have a good line on sticks for your stick burner.

That's what makes Pellet Poopers so popular. You can get pooping pellets almost anywhere, even by mail order (I do that with Lumberjack).

I personally do not like the fair from a Pellet Pooper, it tastes off to me. But I do use pellets in my highly modified MB smoker's in a very slow burn and really get a good smoky taste that way.
I like to smoke, and then cook.

Absolutely DO NOT buy a Yoder Cheyenne...unless, of course, you want a horribly frustrating experience because Yoder doesn't know how to design an offset properly. There is an entire thread dedicated to the issues with the Wichita and the Cheyenne... if you're interested just search "2 problems for Wichita owners."

Good marketing for small, and IMHO, overpriced pits. For similar money, you can get a much better pit from a number of well regarded builders.

Good marketing for small, and IMHO, overpriced pits. For similar money, you can get a much better pit from a number of well regarded builders.

“Small” is relative. Even the Cheyenne can do 3 butts or 2 briskets. Unless you’re catering, that’s a lot of space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How about getting a WSM? You can get one for 400 or under with no need for mods.

Or ~$100 off of Craigslist (2 of mine), Letsgo (1 of them) or, this site (1 of them).

WSM's are a love/hate thing for most people; either you love them or you hate them; not much middle ground for most people.

Case in point, one of mine was cooked in once. Another was cooked in two or three times. One was acquired when the owner left a rent house for an apartment.

Back