Rack of pork

ulc

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I love the rack of pork Costco sells around the holidays. I still had couple racks in the freezer from the clearance sale I bought after Easter so I thawed and cooked one for dinner.

I rubbed it with olive oil and seasoned it with Montreal Steak and Italian seasonings and fired up Kamado Joe Jr. I used Western lump and some cherry wood for smoke. I cooked it indirect on the Joe Jr. at 275 F until the pork reached 135 F internal temperature.

WXQcnn6.jpg

Then I removed it from the smoker and cranked the temperature on the Joe Jr. until it reached around 700 F. I lowered the cooking grate to the lowest position and finish seared the rack of pork.
zQiWMQ4.jpg
neAWqqs.jpg

Brought it in the house and rested it for about 10 minutes and sliced couple pieces for dinner.
QPnCK8y.jpg
EZovKYV.jpg

I ate my slice with some rice.
BvN75oZ.jpg

The finished pork was juicy and tender with perfect amount of cherry smoke. Simple and good.

Thanks for looking!

Beautifully done! :clap2:

I love that cut, but hardly ever see it at Costco - or anywhere else, really. I had a friend over and cooked that a while back and got 4 or 5 "oh my God"'s in the first 2 bites! I'm stocking up next time I see 'em.

That looks just about perfect!

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc

I love that cut, but hardly ever see it at Costco - or anywhere else, really. I had a friend over and cooked that a while back and got 4 or 5 "oh my God"'s in the first 2 bites! I'm stocking up next time I see 'em.

Thanks! I love this cut as well so I bought 3 to freeze when I saw it on clearance for $1.99 /lb. I would've bought more if I had more freezer space. I too remember the first time I cooked one. We were all shocked and couldn't believe this was pork.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr

Costcos near me seem to get it in October or November and have them for 2 or 3 months. I wish they had them year round.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Glad you didn't over cook that one.

Looks really awesome!

Cheers!

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
Back