Small Turkey breast cook (w/ pr0n)

BoLiles

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Got a couple of cuts of turkey breast...maybe could be turkey tender(loin)s? Decided to brine, slather, rub and smoke in the water cooker...easy dinner with fig chutney, smoked baked potato and raw veg crudites. Came out really delicious.

782yjhO.jpg

Slathered in mayo - worked out pretty well

aqviOey.jpg

rubbed with a pretty basic poultry rub I made

WRMTpRP.jpg

one piece fresh of the smoker - short cook, no deep color

WwZSogo.jpg

Sliced up and super moist and juicy

I was just looking for some turkey breast at my grocery store - no joy.
Nice cook!! I'm gonna have to look harder.

Totally easy cook...the brine and mayo slather really kept it juicy. I am ready to try some other poultry - wild game maybe? Dove, quail, etc...(I'd do a buttermilk brine for game I think).

looks good! I have been itching to try some turkey breasts on my drum. I have been striking out finding any at stores. I figured at least Kroger would have some but no such love.

Yep! those are turkey tenders and man they look fantastic!

As one who needs to find new ways to eat more veggies, would you be so kind as to expound on this please?

Oh, great looking turkey breasts Bo. I'm thinkin' I need to try those one of these days.

that's fancy talk for raw veggies with a creamy dip of your choice on the side haha

Although, LAST night I roasted some broccoli with olive oil, S&P (you could smoke it too!) then squeezed lemon over it and finally tossed it in a buttermilk dressing. Was outstanding.

Back