Shredded beef with PRON

Dweverett

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
The day has warmed up nicely now that the sun is out but it was a chilly start. Rubbed a couple of chucks with a blend of Black Ops and Santa Maria. They went on the RecTec at 225 at about 8 this morning.
image-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

Checked them about noon and they were looking pretty good -- about 140. Will probably pull them in the next half hour or so.
image-L.jpg

Plan is to put them in a pan with this stuff. I love PSB but am going to try replacing the beer and Worchester sauce with just beef broth this time.
image-L.jpg

Trying to keep it a little more neutral for more flexibility around leftovers -- which might be useful depending on much snow we end up with here tomorrow.

What are you using for a blanket for your cooker?

It's a cheap Harbor Freight welding blanket -- that used to be cream colored. Couple times when a little rain/snow is falling and it changes color pretty quickly. It does have fiberglass and I know there is some concern around that but I tend to believe that it's fine since I'm not wrapping the food in it.

RecTec was supposed to come out with a fitted blanket this year but it looks like they had some issues with it so it's been pushed back. Normally I would have picked up a new welding blanket but I had been waiting to get the rectec one.

On mornings like today it definitely helps -- was about 15F when I started

I didn't realize that I had run out of disposable pans so ended up using one of my wife's. A little tighter than I would have preferred but I'm sure it will work.

Covered it with foil and am going to finish it in the oven -- might as well make the house smell good.

image-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

Back