• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I Willfully Intend To Commit To Heresy This Weekend

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I...am going to...

Sauce my ribs.

There. I said it. Never sauced a rib before. But, I, in an uncharacteristic impulse moment (Yeah, right, deguerre...) saw this yesterday and bought a jar...

31%2By6-rofUL.jpg

And some of this...

0005210000446_500X500.jpg

They were out of Coleman's...

When I was getting these...

pork_zpsc4b5c776.jpg

So. Any thoughts as to what I should mix in with the preserves and mustard to make a glazing sauce with? I'm thinking vinegar, of course, but anything else? Ratios? Additional spices, perhaps?

Signed,
Ignorant Dry Rub Guy in Memphis

Oh, that is assuming that is a pepper jelly. If it is not, you need to add some peppers.

Frankly, I'm thinking roasted red peppers.

But definitely borwn sugar, or a little molasses if it is already sweet. But for mustard rib glazes, you really can not have too much sugar, and for some reason the more the better. OK, maybe you CAN have too much, but that is a very hard thing to do.

Ah. Excellent point Bigglesley. (NOT the cornbread post that magically appeared while I typed this :evil:) I'll be cooking these on the kettle. Seems to be a TD or something going on.

balsamic vinegar may make a nice addition for the sauce!

Start slappin' all kinds of stuff in there & yer pineapple will get lost..............

Mustard powder, granulated garlic, equal, then start pilin' on the fruit.......

blueberry / chipolte backs:

StuporBowl2012040.jpg

Adobo sauce with the pineapple, maybe?

Start slappin' all kinds of stuff in there & yer pineapple will get lost..............

Yep. Gonna pick and choose from suggestions. I like yours below, quite a bit. Sounds like it would be great for chops too.

Mustard powder, granulated garlic, equal, then start pilin' on the fruit.......

blueberry / chipolte backs:

StuporBowl2012040.jpg

Adobo sauce with the pineapple, maybe?

Back