Daube-French Stew (pr0n)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I spotted some brisket bones (our Aussie cut of brisket) for sale really cheap.
I had just bought a block of decent beef and so I got some pork herbed sausage, some lamb ribs and some pork belly.
Fired up the BSKeg and smoked the brisket and the lamb and sausage and along with that I wrapped some garlic heads in foil and with some EVOO , while in the kitchen I coloured the pork belly and prepped onions, carrots leeks and celery .
Always layer toe pork belly on the base
Daubeporklayer.jpg

I reduced two bottles of strong red wine in a pot, added bouquet garni and extra bay leaves.
When the bones were sufficiently rendered I built the pot up.
I browned seasoned flour covered cubes of beef in the wok and added those and added the veg, roasted garlic, wine, and finally the sausages along with the smokey bones of lamb and beef.
Covered and cooked for 4 hours in the BSKeg.
Rested overnight, and let the fats congeal while the flavours mingled.
I was pretty happy with this in the morning
Dauberested.jpg

After removing all the herbs and skimming the fat away, i was left with a deep rich dish that I love big time.
The mellow roasted garlic was genius, if I do say so myself! :heh:
Made some mashed potato and even did as I was told (for once)and reduced the butter volume!
Sprinkled with parsley and chives!
Creamy mash and Daube de Boeuf!
Daubeplated2.jpg

Daubeplated1.jpg

You guys know what you are looking at!!
It isn't a photogenic dish at all, it's just the soft unctious food that rings our bells.
I did notice that there is barely a veg in my plating effort, needs a lot of work :noidea:

^^^Ron We are still swooning, it just gets better days later, much like curries!
Wish it wasn't such a long process tho.

Back