SM Cherry and SM Sweet and Spicy Ribs

dealm9

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
First off, I would like to apologize for the bad pics. Apparently the iphone did not the lighting in my kitchen. _I would also like to apologize for the fact that I only got pics of the first rack, and not of the 2nd better rack or the rib tips. These were by far my best ribs to date. They took longer than usual as I had a temp drop in my UDS that I did not notice because I doze off:tsk:. I meant to keep one rack SM Sweet and Spicy only and the other rack SM Cherry only but I reapplied rub when I foiled and when I took them out of the foil and lost track of which one was which so they each got a healthy dusting of both rubs which I think was the best mistake I ever made. The flavor combination worked perfectly. I also only got pictures of the first rack as mt family was starving and I still thought they needed a little more time so I compromised and agreed to bring out one rack and leave the rest in the smoker. The first rack was fine and still very tender, but the second rack and the rib tips were out of this world. I think I finally made my family understand that it is worth waiting on bbq to finish. This was also my first time that I really perfected my rib tips. The bark I got from reapplying the rubs was the best I had had and they almost reminded me of burnt ends from brisket...unbelievably tender and moist. Anyway, here are the pics and the quality is horrible so sorry but they were tender and moist:thumb:

3-1.jpg

download-2.jpg

9-1.jpg

Looks good. What's that brown sauce in the jug?
It was drippings from the foil. I foiled the ribs for about 35 minutes with butter, a little honey, and more SM rub. The drippings are amazing.

Looks great. I can't wait to do rack tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Simply Marvelous is just that! Do I spy a bottle of Rays!?? It's EVERYWHERE!

Looks like a great cook~~

You do indeed sir. My mother, bless her soul, went against my advice and thought we needed bbq sauce for the ribs so she went out to the store and got some. I am happy to say that the ray's was never opened and she apologized for ever mentioning saucing the ribs. IMO the flavor from the SM rubs is too valuable to mask with sauce

Back