Humpty dumpy, weber one touch gold grill

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Granite City, Illinois (Near St. Louis "GO CARDS")
Installed the new one-touch cleaning system and ash catcher ring I ordered from Weber. Cleaned everying with 00 steel wood, even the bowl and lid. The steel wool worked good, thanks "swamprb". Did not scratch the finish, like I thought it would. I had a few parts from old kettles and I used the best of them for the assembly, like wheels and legs.

When I called Weber to just get some prices for the parts I wanted to replace and see if there were any discount codes going on or free shipping. They said there were none. They gave me the prices and asked if I was ready to order. I said I would rather wait till they did have something going for discounts. They said "Do you want a discount? I can can give you a discount". I said sure! :clap2: They told me the new prices and it was something like 45% off of what they just quoted. Sold! I bought the parts and a couple of other small things. It was delivered the next day. :thumb:

I don't know why they gave me the discount. I told them that I was fixing up a old kettle that was abused and was giving to me for free. This was the 3rd time that I have bought weber kettle parts. They know that I have a used performer. They let me register it after I told them that I bought it on craigslist. So far I have bought 3 new kettles in my lifetime.
Weber is a great American Company!

AFTER
IMG_3666.jpg

BEFORE
IMG_3660.jpg

Looking at the after photo, I think you put it together wrong. How will you keep the meat from falling off?

CD :becky:

I have the same grill and just cleaned it today. Bought the Cast Iron grates from Craycort. Great grill use it mostly to sear monster steaks

Great job, Pappy! And Weber is a fantastic company! It looks like new!! :thumb:

Back