• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Peace on Earth with a side of Bacon! - McRib TD Entry

KnucklHed BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My inspiration:
I wanted a fried something that even the most hardcore namby-pamby tree hugger could embrace… and then come back for seconds!
And someone had to do it… I don’t think anyone thought it would be me though.
I submit to you – The McRiggplant!!
I was very fortunate to receive a eggplant tree from Guerry last year and I had a bumper crop!! This is the last one of the season. As you can see, the color on it is a nice deep rich purple and its foil cap is fully developed (I think this might have been a cross bred plant with Bigabyte’s foil hat tree)
IMG_1552.jpg

After getting the tough vine cut and the purple orb down, I got to the prep work.
IMG_1553.jpg

First I had to en-bone the eggplant slab – not an easy task! McD’s must have some high tech en-ribbing machines to get all of their McRib patties looking so good!
IMG_1556.jpg

I wanted this sucker to have all of the authentic BBQ flavor that the McRib has, so of course I broke out the secret weapon – Locked and Loaded!
IMG_1557.jpg

I gave it a seasoned flour dredge
IMG_1559.jpg

Then the panko crumbs.
I forgot to get a picture showing that I had packed chopped up bacon pieces in between the ribs… you can see some bits if you look closely.
I knew Grail would be looking for a well executed example of the bacon crutch - yer welcome!! :thumb:

IMG_1562.jpg

And a light shake of some rub…
IMG_1564.jpg

I knew that this meal would not be complete without a fried side and I remember BlkJeep producing some killer lookin eggplant fries a while back – I couldn’t think of a better accomplice to this crime than tempura eggplant fries.
IMG_1586.jpg

And then the McRiggplant hits the oil
IMG_1588.jpg

There’s no way that just a bun and plain old pickles would be good enough for a real tree hugger, so sliced English cucumber and tempura wheat grass was chosen to accompany the traditional onion & sauce in a lettuce wrap … of course this little bit of Peace on Earth would only be served nestled in its own bed of wheat grass!
IMG_1617.jpg

Alright, so that pushed the limits of my touchy-feely side… I needed something with power & machismo, something that would kick you in the gut and make you beg for more… I needed BACON!!!!
Oh, and I had some eggplant left so it was back to the en-ribbing process.
This time it was the bacon weave, rubbed & sauced eggplant rib.
IMG_1626.jpg

And onto the kettle for some apple smoke.
IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

I made some bacon fries to go with it, but chose to fry those in the kitchen since the kettle was in use and I was a bit worried that the popping & spattering bacon might catch fire on the kettle – so no pics of those being made.
I also fried the bacon wrapped rib patty in the skillet after smoking to get it crisped up a bit – no pics of that either :rolleyes:

More sauce, onion, pickle and soft roll with bacon fries on the side...
I give you The Egg P McBacon!!!
IMG_1640.jpg

The proof that I ate it…
IMG_1641.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I felt like I just went on an eggplant acid trip. WTF is wheat grass?? And is it really meant for human consumption termpura-ated or not? I have to second Deguerre's questions about cabin fever.

Seriously though, I'd hit either one of those sammiches right now. They look tasty! Although your "proof of consumption" picture seemed to have only showed a few crumbs missing which made me nervous. We'll see if Micky D's goes for a McRib modification next year.

--Jonny Rotisserie

I am impressed, I am not sure in what manner I am impressed, but, I remain impressed.

Wow I didn`t know Eggplants were grown with the produce sticker on them I thought they put those on after harvest. I sure wouldnt mind trying the bacon wrapped sammie

That looks pretty tasty. I'd go for one of those!

Looks FANTASTIC I'll take two

Ya'll got the part about it having eggplant in it right?? :crazy:

I definitely want one of the those trees. Don't tell me you have a bacon tree too. I'll be moving to Montana!

Sorry, no bacon trees... just "fruits de sty" trees. :thumb:

I am impressed, I am not sure in what manner I am impressed, but, I remain impressed.

I do what I can.

:shock: um.... :shock: :shock: So.... you got a job that allows you too much time to think, like me? :laugh:

Umm, exactly what part of entering a McRib TD with eggplant suggests that I was thinking? :confused:

Wow I didn`t know Eggplants were grown with the produce sticker on them I thought they put those on after harvest. I sure wouldnt mind trying the bacon wrapped sammie

Yeah this tree is really good at growing stuff - even puts foil hats on em to keep out the gubmint. :wink:

I feel kinda dirty looking at this because.... it's so wrooooong! (but it feels so right- I'd hit that in a heartbeat!)

This is NUTS! Three of these, dude! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Back