pork chop awesomeness

shawnmcchesney12

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
First of all sorry I didnt get any pictures but I just had to post. Yesterday the wife picked up a boneless pork loin and I decided to try something new. Last night I plugged up the old bradley (I know I know electric smoker yadi yadi yadi) and put a cold smoke on the whole loin as it was in an ice bath. After sitting in a vacuum sealed bag overnight I pulled and sliced 1 1/2 inch chops and threw them on the grill. Im not kidding here I am a porkchop aficionado but these are hands down the best ive ever made and right up there with the best ive ever eaten. I definitely will do this again maybe with pictures next time:doh:. Thanks for listening.:biggrin1:

I'm glad that they were good!! I'm curious about the ice bath part? Was the loin submerged?

Sounds like a long version of the reverse sear. Sounds delicious!!

I have been thinking about smoking some scallops, this sounds cheaper than buying a mini-fridge and modding it into a smoker

I have been thinking about smoking some scallops, this sounds cheaper than buying a mini-fridge and modding it into a smoker

I know its probably against the bbq law somewhere but I love the bradley just for the cold smoking option. I use my uds for normal cooks.

I know its probably against the bbq law somewhere but I love the bradley just for the cold smoking option. I use my uds for normal cooks.

Oh hush and stop worrying about the law....you're 'Mericun...the rest of us farkers around the globe are relying on you crazy bastidges to experiment and discover new stuff.:bow:

Back