View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
aks801
is One Chatty Farker

Default Upcoming Friday smoke!

I am taking this Friday off from work for the express purpose of smoking brisket! It's nice having priorities lined up properly. The following two weeks will be crazy at work, then the week of Christmas the fam is taking a road trip to Colorado, so it was pretty much now or never.

Got a 14# prime packer last weekend at $2.99/#, and it is calling my name. We are getting a super frigid arctic blast here in Houston, with temps in the 40's: brr!!!!!!!!! Anyway, that makes for some good smokin' weather with a nice cup of hot coffee in hand.

I'll be using my WSM, and running Weber briquettes for the first time. Just picked up some nice Oak chunks at Academy so will mix in a few of those. Rub will be SPOG, with maybe a couple of additions.

A daughter has a choir performance that evening at 7:00, so I want to eat by around 5:30. Sooo...... planning on getting up at 0-dark-thirty and putting the trimmed and seasoned packer into the smoke by about 5:30. I'll be cooking at around 280 (that is where my WSM seems to want to run) so this should allow me to pull it by around 2:00, let it vent then wrap it up and put in the Igloo for a few hours.

Can you tell I am excited??!!
"Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true"
aks801 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->