What would you do with this cut?

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've never seen it before. Wife wants to cut it into strips and make Pepper Steak. Not a bad option but looking for another way. I don't think these are even 1/4" thick.

Thanks for any and all input.

c0uoDf0.jpg

Simmer covered with beef stock and onions and whatever spices you like for about an hour and a half. (like pot roast)

Throw in some chunks of taters and carrots for the last half hour.

Thicken the stock when done for gravy.

Like Andy said, eye round is tough.

When left whole, the eye of round makes a good oven roast that you can slice thin for sandwiches. I don't know why meat cutters still cut eye of round steaks because they are so hard to work with and get tender in that state.

I am thinking hit them with a meat tenderizer and then marinade with a carne asada marinade. Then griddle, slice and make tacos. I have never cooked it before though.

I think I'd saute it in some butter and then feed it to the dogs.

Reminds me of my Opossum recipe.

1. Place possum on sheet of 1/4" plywood (uncleaned).
2. Place on preheated grill (or oven) at 350*F.
3. When done, pull possum and scrape into trash. Rinse plywood with garden hose for future use of to clean fish.

Thank god the Wife can cook! She's going to marinade in soy sauce for an hour, cut it up into strips and make pepper steak. Going to let it simmer for a bit. She knows how to do all that somehow. :confused:

Pepper Steak turned out Great. Beef had a different flavor from what she normally uses but very tender.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Back