View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 11:23 AM   #110
DRMSMKER
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDAR View Post
I started cooking with my egg around 2005. I had a heavy Oklahoma Joe prior to that that I never really learned because I didn’t take the time. The egg made it it so easy. I still have that same egg. Next, I bought a Traeger Texas. It was even easier. I plugged it in and tried to set it and forget it just like the commercials said. Like a post above, I could never let any of those cookers be. I guess you can say that I never “trusted” any of them.

To this day, I’ve had a Pitmaker Vault, Yoder YS640, PBS and a Gateway drum on top of all of the above cookers. I never learned to trust any of them...and was able to go to sleep or the kids or grandkids “games”. I have always needed to know “where it’s at”.

I’ve won several GC’s and RC’s at competitions while winning at Sam’s, IBCA, LSBS and KCBS competitions. I’ve qualified for and attended the American Royal Invitational as well as the World Food Championship when it was in Las Vegas.

I have always been too anal to allow myself more than probably more than 2 hours without checking my cooker.

What I am saying I guess, is if you trust whatever tool you choose to do the cooking for you; you are more of a relaxed cooker than I have ever have been despite the multiple attempts and the thousands of dollars I have spent in that pursuit.

Me? I give up. I’ll sit by the fire and feed it.
I'm like you with my drum... I'm looking into the tappecue which will let you see your temps on your phone from anywhere as long as your house has internet. Will give me peace of mind. Already have a wireless unit but still haven't trusted my drum to go all night yet....
DRMSMKER is offline   Reply With Quote