Gyros on the Trompo King!

I saw those on FB and followed their page. The only reasons I didn't go in on it:

1. Price
2. You have to manually rotate it.
3. For it to work like a true Shawarma type cook, you pile a lot of meat on, and trim from the outside as it cooks. Well, the wife and I wouldn't be able to eat all that in a couple sittings, so, while great for a bigger family, not really something I would use often.

Seeing your pics makes me want to rethink it a bit, but I still think it would be something I would use maybe once a year, and if so, not worth the price to me.

I saw those on FB and followed their page. The only reasons I didn't go in on it:

1. Price
2. You have to manually rotate it.
3. For it to work like a true Shawarma type cook, you pile a lot of meat on, and trim from the outside as it cooks. Well, the wife and I wouldn't be able to eat all that in a couple sittings, so, while great for a bigger family, not really something I would use often.

Seeing your pics makes me want to rethink it a bit, but I still think it would be something I would use maybe once a year, and if so, not worth the price to me.

Yea, I actually won it in a raffle, and my friend dropped it off. The price had kept me from buying it.
The rotating thing was less of an issue than I imagined.
I put the briquettes in a circle in the bottom of the Weber and it roasted pretty evenly.
I did have a cherry split on one side, so I manually rotated 3-4 times, but that was over a couple of hours.
I used a total of 6 lbs of meat on the short skewker (7”).
A 12” skewer also comes with it.
That 6 lbs fed 3 of us 2-3 meals.

The 12” skewer would work great for parties on a 26” Weber I bet.

Hey!

There’s my excuse to get the 26!

The mechanical nerd in me, is thinking about making my own, but welding a gear on the bottom of the unit. Then, buy a cheap rotisserie motor to spin the entire hunk-o-food via a chain to the gear.

The mechanical nerd in me, is thinking about making my own, but welding a gear on the bottom of the unit. Then, buy a cheap rotisserie motor to spin the entire hunk-o-food via a chain to the gear.

I’ve already figured out how to modify my Blackstone Patio Oven to spin and roast it vertically, but wanted to go wood fired route first.

I went to buy stainless all thread at lowes and 6" is the longest I could find. I'm going to make my own.

That looks awesome John! I've been looking for an inexpensive way to do a vertical rotisserie for Al Pastor tacos and I think you have found it. Very nice.

Back