Sam's vs Costco

I do both. Costco for brisket, Sam’s for butts and ribs. I love the early hours for Sam’s business and premiere members and the self scan

I have both, Costco definitely wins on meat hands down.

Sams is the only one that carries national name brand chips and candy while Costco carries more artisanal style brands of stuff. I always explained it as kind of like what target is to Walmart.

I have both and I would say meat quality is the same. I would say Costco has more Prime selection than Sam's, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Costco's Prime Brisket

Hi All How is Costco's prime brisket..Costco here in north Jersey just started carrying Prime brisket..I'm NOT a member ,but if their prime briskets are good I have NO problem joining.
Been getting my Angus briskets at RD. Costco's prime is the same price as the RD ones.

Thanks DanB

tenor.gif

Another vote for team Costco...but...I have to admit...if I'm in a hurry, you can't beat Sam's Club Scan 'n Go. In and out in no time with no checkout line. Also, a fan of GFS here in the Midwest. How does one get the chance to shop at Restaurant Depot?

It's free with any business license, does not have to be food related. Or a kcbs member can get you in. The one in troy is 10 minutes from my house......bring your coat.

The Sam's in Sioux Falls recently remodeled, and in addition to their usual meat display they now also have a full-service display case with Prime and Wagyu beef and Berkshire pork.

I haven't had a Sam's membership in years because it's across town. I do have a Costco membership because there is one close to my house. My only complaint about Costco is they cut the expiration dates so close. Great variety of meats but at my store they are always 1-3 days from expiration on just about everything. If you plan to cook that day or the following day it's no big deal but I dont want to freeze something for 1 or 2 days just to turn around and thaw it out. And I've bought bad meat on a couple of occasions. I got a full refund but didn't like the hassle.

Expiration dates are overrated...seriously.

Costco. Easily. We have memberships to both and I shop at both a ton. The meat at Costco's in my area far surpass sams.

Costco 100%. I shopped at Sam's for years...until I found Costco. In my area, the Costco and Sam's were very close, but the meats at Costco were far superior in both quality and price. Now that I've moved, there is a Sam's about 15 minutes away and I still drive an hour to go to Costco.

Prime??

Hi All How is Costco's prime brisket..Costco here in north Jersey just started carrying Prime brisket..I'm NOT a member ,but if their prime briskets are good I have NO problem joining.
Been getting my Angus briskets at RD. Costco's prime is the same price as the RD ones.

Thanks DanB

Thanks DanB
Superior. That's all I cook now. I do 50-100/year. Case price is awesome.

Costco for prime packers, whole boneless ribeye and boneless pork butts. Costco has more organic items. Sam's for full spares and bone-in pork butts. I'll get whole chickens from whichever one has the best deal. Usually RD for beef rib plates when the price is right. I've been checking out GFS too, but I haven't bought anything yet.

I have memberships to Costco, Sam’s and BJ’s and Costco offers the best selection of meats.

Most people probably don’t know that depending on the size of the Costco will determine what meats they stock. For example I have four Costco’s within a decent vicinity of me and the only one that carries full prime packers is the Columbia. Maryland location since I was told it’s a “large” Costco and they move meat faster than the the other locations do.

I have a sam's in Tuscaloosa they don't carry whole packer brisket..... I went to Birmingham and started getting meat from restaurant depot I was happy until I saw a sign for Costco.... it's a 45 mile drive for me but I love Costco.... its a higher grade of sams to me kinda like going from select to prime beef....

I can't speak to Sam's. I am in the restaurant industry and the co for which I work has the best food scientists/quality assurance folks in the business. They all tout very highly CostCo's Kirkland QA team and food quality standards, and they all shop there, particularly for meat. That was endorsement enough for me, so I'm a regular.

Back