• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork belly

Kade

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I bought some pork belly the other day now I just need to figure out what to do with it. What are some of yalls favorite ways to smoke it? Belly burnt ends or just smoke and eat? Does it save well after smoking or does it need to be eaten fairly quick?

I bought some pork belly the other day now I just need to figure out what to do with it. What are some of yalls favorite ways to smoke it? Belly burnt ends or just smoke and eat? Does it save well after smoking or does it need to be eaten fairly quick?

Char sui!

I'm a huge fan of burnt ends. Cube, rub with your favorite rub, smoke for about 2 hours @225 until the color is right. Place in a pan with 2 sticks butter, 1 cup brown sugar, and drizzle liberally with honey. Cover pan, cook for about another 90 minutes or until finger squish soft. Drain juices, toss in your favorite sauce (like a salad) and back on for about 15 minutes to carmelize the sauce a bit. Serve and enjoy!

Example here
Oyhxy8ul.jpg

Bacon pops: smoke whole, slice about 3/4 inch thick, skewer and sear to get a nice crisp crust on the outside.

I guess it's not technically bacon but it's still good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Will def try that recipe, many thanks BeardedBassGuy

Thanks for the advice and the recipe. I’ll be trying the ends!

Pork belly burnt ends are good but they're not really a meal. I used Malcom Reed's recipe and people go crazy for them, but at the end of the day it's just too sweet for me. What I really love to do with pork belly is Chef Tom's recipe for a pork belly sandwich. I feel it really works out well as long as you render out the fat on the belly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UwN03vrLJU

You won't regret the burnt ends.

If you want to turn it into a meal, they're really good chopped up on top of a smoked cheeseburger....

Back