Don Marco´s "Wing Thing" Marinade & Sauce

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Howdy folks...

I´ve doctored around this recipe for over a year now and i´ve finally got it right, so let me proudly introduce

Don Marco´s "Wing Thing" Marinade and Sauce

This stuff is highly addictive especially in wings, but something tells me its gotta be good on pork and fish also.
You really gotta try this, its fruity and flavourful and has a nice warm habanero "afterglow". It also gives your meat the perfect golden colour.

Heres the recipe :

-1 small can peach preserves ( icl. the syrup)
-1/4 Cup EVOO
-1/4 Cup Jim Beam
-1 Habanero
-1 Teaspoon ground Chipotle
-1 Teaspoon kosher salt
-1 Tablespoon Texasbbqrub (or your favourite sweet rub)
-juice of 1/2 lime
-1/2 Tablespoon Honey

57_pp_002_Small_2.jpg

Mix all the ingredients with a stand mixer and marinate the wings for 4-6 hours. I guess longer also wouldnt hurt.

57_pp_003_Small_2.jpg

Put the wings on the grill over indirect heat at about 350 F. Add some wood of your choice.
After 40 minutes start basting the wings with the sauce ( boil it first or heat it on the grill like i did) and reapeat every couple of minutes until the wings are done, crispy and beautiful caramelized.

57_pp_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_005_Small_2.jpg

57_pp_011_Small_3.jpg

57_pp_012_Small_2.jpg

57_pp_013_Small_3.jpg

57_pp_014_Small_5.jpg

57_pp_015_Small_4.jpg

57_pp_016_Small_2.jpg

I served mine today with Potato wedges and sour cream, a green salad with italian dressing and parmesan and some cherry peppers stuffed with cream cheese. Good eats !
smi5.gif

57_pp_018_Small_2.jpg

57_pp_021_Small_2.jpg

57_pp_023_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_025_Small_2.jpg

a_cheers.gif

DM

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Major league Awesome DM! :p Question...would a blender or food processor work in place of a stand mixer...or is it a texture thing?

ok now im drooling,,i love glazing with peach & bourbon & heat..cant go wrong! & they look great!

chicken is something I just don't really care for, but MAN that looks beautiful, and I would try one,I am going to try that with the family soon,

thanks so much for your recipe!

DM, you are making me crazy bro! Really looks and sounds outstanding. Good post bro.

Marinade and sauce recipe sounds real good & those wings look great!

Dang nice lookin' viddles you got there! Thanks for the pix and recipe...

I bet Mrs Mafia would love those.

Now I have yet another thing to add to my list of things to cook.

Thanks for the pics.

Back