• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My New Shirley is here!

Nice rig! I just spoke with Paul this evening about my build and told him I wanted your stainless shelf with backsplash. Excellent idea!

Nice rig! I just spoke with Paul this evening about my build and told him I wanted your stainless shelf with backsplash. Excellent idea!

You won't be disappointed! My dad (and a few other people) saw it and the main question I was asked was, "Why isn't this how they all are? This shelf is great!"

Sorry this is late in coming... With the pig roast and party (which can be seen here - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248511) THis is the first chance I had to really give some details on the pit.

bNii5eh.jpg

Its a 24x70 Straight back. Standard height, but with extra shelf slots for different configs. Also have an extended warmer with 5 slots for shelves. Sausage hangers, sear station, and the stainless shelf has a backsplash which is probably the coolest thing about the smoker. It works great. Everything that drips off the racks hits the shelf, not the black paint. Love it!

MxiKyBE.jpg

BrKiwzk.jpg

Zyc0AM9.jpg

8ySPEDY.jpg

Didn't buy 3 fancy rims so I put a cover over my ugly spare...
tsTOn4I.jpg

New Firebasket design. I like it. No issues with it at all.
F9JASQA.jpg

Warmer with all the goodies in there. Get the charcoal grate if you plan on grilling in the warmer. Its worth it
Qjd1ncO.jpg

DqjDsOZ.jpg

Nice feature of the extra rack/rack positions - I can cook a hog AND Ribs and sausage

I seasoned her on Friday. 4-5 hours of slowly raising the temps to 250-275. Then I cooked a fatty. After the fatty was done I threw 4 splits in and took it up to 400 and then let it die out on its own. Got all the grates good and carbonized. Next morning was the pig. Had her up to 300 in about 45 minutes and she sat there all day. Didn't seem like she needed much wood at all. Very pleasantly surprised with her fuel consumption.

And the pig was off the hook!

That is a nice cooker.

I see Bruno and :becky: photo bombed your hog pic

Beautiful Smoker...Congrats
What size rims 14 or 15?
What brand of tire did you go with?
Picking mine up in October and am seriously considering back splash after seeing yours.

Love it! Keep dialing the first 9 numbers of Paul's number lol! I've got to bite the bullet and make that call!! I'm not ready for it yet, but know I will be before my build would start.

Love it! Keep dialing the first 9 numbers of Paul's number lol! I've got to bite the bullet and make that call!! I'm not ready for it yet, but know I will be before my build would start.

they only requires a very small deposit and he would probably push your build date back for you if you needed. i would rather get in line now than wait over a year once you are ready.

yup, my only regret is not getting the ball rolling earlier. Deposit in January when wait was about a year and it gets tougher as time goes by.

That's one fine pit. As for as craftsmanship, I don't think I've seen any better. As someone who once made a living as a fabricator / welder, you will not find any better craftsmanship. I don't have time to build one now days but I think I'm getting in line.

since this thread isn't as old as the other I didn't want to reply there, figured here would be a better location

ha ha ha. Looks like I don't even have to respond. Definitely get your deposit in ASAP. The wait is like 20 months or something crazy like that. Doesn't matter what kind you want, they don't really need to know that until they start building. It will all change between now and then.

My second one shows you all the things I would change from the first one. My biggest mistake was not getting the Stainless shelf. The expanded steel shelf really sucks. My second mistake was that 50 was too short for me. I roast a hog in the summers and it won't fit on a 50. A 60" or bigger works good though. Since I was going bigger I got it on a trailer for when we do charity cooks and whatnot.

If you want to see the trailer, feel free to shoot me a PM. The 24x50 is out in wonderlake with a friend of mine if you want to see it too.. And ChicagoKP lives around the corner from me and he has a 24x60 trailer that is very similar to my 24x70 if you wanted to see it.

Thanks for your gracious offer Shagdog!!! I'd definitely be interested in swinging by to check it out. Any chance you'll be around next week? I'll be burning up some leftover vacation time and took the whole week off, looks like an awesome rig!! I'll touch base with you via private message for details

Thanks!!!

Back