• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cheap pork chops

ulc

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I went to Costco to buy some steaks to grill. At first I saw some nice choice beef tenderloins for $10.99 /lb so I grab that. Then I saw some nice thick pork chops for $1.48 /lb. After short conversation with the wife, I put the beef tenderloins back and kept the pork chops. Prices on pork is low right now that I couldn't justify spending 7 times more for beef than pork.

The chops were thick so I decided to reverse sear on the Weber kettle. I seasoned the chops with Montreal steak seasoning.
PMmeNUQ.jpg

I used some Western lump with some cherry wood chips for smoke and cooked it indirect for 25 minutes until the pork internal temp hit about 130 F.
fZg0Rnj.jpg

Then I did quick finish sear before removing it from the grill.
R21u0tY.jpg

Grilled chops were great with just right amount of cherry smoke flavor. It wasn't beef tenderloin but I didn't pay 7 times the cost either.
ZPgycRt.jpg

With the savings, I instead bought small prime beef brisket to use for Korean BBQ. The cost of pork chops and beef brisket was less than beef tenderloin. I call that a win.
IPPKl61.jpg

Those are some fabulous looking chops. My favorite steaks to eat by far. The Korean BBQ sounds wonderful, especially since the brisket is significantly cheaper than the loin for what you are getting.

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
Back