View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #56
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklaDustDevil View Post
Were you pleased with the amount of jalapeno you used (I think you said one pepper per pound of meat)?
Now I couldn't tell you that 1 pepper is perfect for 1 pound.. But I can tell you that 5 large jalapeno peppers was perfect for 5 lbs of meat..... So far when slicing it each slice ends up with jalapeno and cheese. I'm pretty sure I used just a tad more than 1/2lb of cheese... I got the next size up from the smallest on the block of cheese.. pretty sure its 1lb. I cut more than half of the block for the sausages. No exact measurements.

I removed the seeds and middle (brain fart forgot what it was called at the moment LOL)..... so There's no heat to the sausages... But what there is is a very nice jalapeno flavor.. and if I would choose between the two summer sausages Hands down I wish I made the entire batch jalapeno and cheese.. It'll knock your socks off!

Also to add to this thread... I'm not sure if I made this very clear... I am absolutely happy with my purchases of the MES40.... Does a great job doing what I'm doing with it.... Perfectly happy with the products I ordered from www.sausagemaker.com The summer sausage seasoning was amazing.... The snack stick seasoning started off with mixed thoughts. but as I'm typing this and eating one of the snack sticks I can assure you its probably one of the best snack sticks I've ever ate. I will be a repeat customer.. Looks like I need to place an order for their BBQ snack stick seasoning and buy some jerky seasoning

Last edited by blazinfire; 12-11-2017 at 04:05 PM..
blazinfire is offline   Reply With Quote