6 foot pizza cooked on offset

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2008/09/6-six-foot-long-pizza-bbq-smoker-grill.html

Man Cooks 6-Foot-Long Pizza in His Barbecue Smoker

Posted by Adam Kuban, September 11, 2008 at 2:15 PM
20080911-giantpizza.jpg

20080911-longpizza.jpg

A man in York, Pennsylvania, made a six-foot-long pizza in his barbecue smoker. (He's got a Gator smoker—so called, I assume because of its length):
I purchased the dough from a local pizza shop.... I heavily oiled the grate and we had three guys pulling the dough. We assembled it in two 3' sections that we worked together into one large pie.... we sauced and topped the pie with just about everything you could imagine, including peppers, onions, mushrooms, black olives, sausage, and bacon.... I used garlic powder and oregano and a blend of cheeses including mozzarella, romano, provolone, and parmesan.... To serve, we carried the whole rack inside and cut it up and served it right off the rack.

here is the the thread from the barbecuebible board
Here are some photos of one of my recent cooking escapades.
We made this for my son's baptism party last weekend.
I purchased the dough from a local pizza shop. I had the smoker running hot just shy of 300*. I heavilly oiled the grate and we had three guys pulling the dough. We assembled it in two 3' sections that e worked together into one large pie. After some time cooking we sauced and topped the pie with just about everything you could imagine including peppers, onions, mushrooms, black olives, sausage and baccon. I then let it cook for a while longer and added the spices and cheeses. I used garlic powder and oragano and a blend of cheeses including mozzeralla, romano, provolone and parmesan cheeses.
To serve we carried the whole rack inside and cut it up and served it right off the rack.
A good time was had by all.

P1010254.jpg

P1010267.jpg

P1010269.jpg

P1010270.jpg

P1010271.jpg

P1010276.jpg

P1010273.jpg

P1010277.jpg

P1010280.jpg

P1010284.jpg

Nice experiment, and I'm sure it was fun, but that just doesn't look too good to me...

P1010284.jpg

Looks like a cool pizza party to me! You would have to have quite a few people to eat 6ft of pizza.

Hey, are we going to try to bump it up this year? Some ideas are swirling around in my empty skull :rolleyes:.

I don't know about that, Bob :twisted:. We gave it one hell of a shot (or two or three) last year. Come on up to the Bash in Larry Town, Ks in Oct & give it a try :biggrin:.

Boy it'd be well worth the try. Let me change my mind here..............might need an 18 pack instead!!:-D

Back