Going Camping!

Wesman61

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Headed out Sunday for 4 days of "camping" in our trailer in Cascade, ID. I bought a smokey joe at Wal-Mart for $21. This is my first smokey joe so I need to watch the size of the meat I buy. Picked up some NY steaks, pork chops and polish sausages at Costco. We also will be bringing some boneless chicken breasts. It's been a super stressful year so I'm looking forward to relaxing and having some good camping food with my Sweetheat.

Sounds like a well deserved camping trip. You will like the Smokey Joe. Send pics please.

My Smokey Joe is my Sweetheart as well.
He chugs along for 2 people like nothing.
Enjoy camping w/ the sweetheart - and your wife!!
Both are needy!
You can do 1/2 chicken and more easy. 4 thighs was my go to, set it and forget, all wide open. Have fun w/ the sweety pie:)

Even with the small grill, I put the fire on one side, and the meat on the other, and the top vent over the meat like usual.

I was sizing it up with that in mind. I think it'll be perfect for us.

Enjoy Cascade! I need to get up there soon it's been hot in the 2C!

Last time I went camping up there it was so smoky you couldn't breathe. We've been lucky so far this summer.

Last time I went camping up there it was so smoky you couldn't breathe. We've been lucky so far this summer.

Have you camped the Owyhees? I never have but there's some nice areas over there and its far less crowded.

Lived here all my life and never explored the Owyhee either. Definitely a ton of country there and far less crowded I'll have to add it to my list .

Enjoy!
For car camping I take with me either my Smokey Joe or the Weber Go Anywhere grill. But I find the Go Anywhere grill to be more practical, space wise, as the grill itself is rectangular and the legs fold over and holds the lid shut. You can also nest the chimney and all your grill utensils inside the grill.

Enjoy the peace and quiet, good food and your sweetheart.:thumb:

Back