Question for smokers on Trailers parked in the garage

Czarbecue

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Simple question... how does the garage smell? It's 100 plus degrees in my garage for a good majority of the year in Texas and wasn't sure if the smell would be too powerful for things we keep in the garage. I've always kept my stuff outdoors.

I keep my Jambo J-3 in the garage and I like the light smoke smell not overpowering at all. Don't really notice it anymore.

I don't notice the smell transferring to anything else, I do however pick up a light smoke smell in my building

I keep my Humphreys in the garage and there is only a light smell.

Our trashcans are in the garage. In the summer heat I guarantee that smoker smells better than the cans.

I don't find the light smell to be offensive what so ever. It's really makes me want to cook something.

I guess I can convince the wife if the smell isn't too overpowering. We have a unused couch that we are storing in the garage until my kids are old enough not to draw on them.. Don't want them coming back in from the garage smelling like brisket.

I'd be afraid of taking a nap and when I awoke, half my couch would be gone.

My garage is temperature controlled so it probably doesn't get much above 75* most times during the summer, I imagine that does make a big difference. I keep the reverse flow plate clean, the grates clean, and vacuum out the firebox once the ashes are cold. I don't smell anything, though I do often have some aluminum foil over the stack hole to keep things out of the cooker...crawly things, dust, etc.

Back