Reverse flow...

Fizzerpilot

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Reverse flow stick burner...

After seeing some threads and watching some videos, I'm interested in buying a stick burner to compliment my pellet grill. Each has its advantages. I'm curious what your recommendations would be on a good offset reverse flow? When I say good, I don't best that has ever even built... but I mean good.

Shirley's are the best that have ever been built for the price of "good". You just need to wait 18 months to get it.

^^^ this. I couldn't have worded it any better.

As you can tell, I too am part of the same stacked jury. If you can't go Shirley, I've also owned a Lang and would easily recommend one and possibly own one again in the future.

Meadow creek has a good rep but I've never cooked on one.

There's a Lang 36 for 1100 in the sales section in Indiana. Depending on your taste for road trips, it could be worth your while to make the drive

Shirley patio models are ~$1800 in St. Louis. :wink:

Langs are a bit cheaper but, a lot farther away. Meadow Creek might be another good option in your local area.

As stated above, Shirley's aren't the most expensive but it is hard to argue they aren't the best or among the very best.

Shirley patio models are ~$1800 in St. Louis. :wink:

Langs are a bit cheaper but, a lot farther away. Meadow Creek might be another good option in your local area.

As stated above, Shirley's aren't the most expensive but it is hard to argue they aren't the best or among the very best.

FWIW, the StLBBQ store has been out of stock on those Shirley patio models for a few weeks. No word on when the stock will be replenished. Believe me. I've asked. Also...none of them were 1800. Cheapest was $2200 plus the $300 shipping fee.

If you need something small like a base 42 inch patio, I think you can get on Paul's list which I think is under a year, not sure. Or lookout for a restock at St Louis BBQ. If you are looking for something for this season, you might have to go Lang or Meadow Creek.

Last edited:
Ha, figures. I just bought a new 36 Lang. Didn't see the add. Sent the sales info to a local buddy that wants a 36 also.

Scott

Last edited:
Just received my Lang 36 Stretch a month ago and love it. I added some upgrades that pushed it over 3k but that's the way I wanted it. It's not perfect but it's good. Some messy welds here and there, but the welds don't do the cooking. I'll find out how to post a pic or two someday.

Just received my Lang 36 Stretch a month ago and love it. I added some upgrades that pushed it over 3k but that's the way I wanted it. It's not perfect but it's good. Some messy welds here and there, but the welds don't do the cooking. I'll find out how to post a pic or two someday.

Well hell, I'm not pretty either but I get the job done too... :mrgreen:

Scott

Back