Online purchase and a late night brisket

JimmyR1Rider

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I ordered 2 of the 5" tel tru thermos for the Shirley tonight.

Also put on a brisket at 7 pm. It got probe tender at 198. Pulled it at 3:30 wrapped it in foil. Set it on the counter and took an hour nap.

Turned out real moist and pretty delish from the samples I took and gave the pups. They definitely approved, I'm lucky to have all my digits still lol.

Gonna take a nap for about 2 hours and fire up the Shirley again and throw that ham on. Gonna run as close to 325 the whole time as I can.

Anyway. I'll have a freezer full of good meat for sandwiches for the next month between the brisket and ham.

The brisket, just salt and pepper. No injection, no wrap 8 1/2 hours at between 250 and 340. Dipped to 200 a couple of times:

All vac sealed and ready for the freezer

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Happy with the results and the smoker. 8 and a half hours in the 30''s out and it did it on 25 splits. Not too shabby. Now for the ham lol. I'm sure that'll take a fair amount more being that I'll be running at 325 or a little above. Then again it's gonna be 44 out today so we will see.

Jimmy, brisket looks great and im glad you didn't lose any fingers. When eating brisket it is important to know where you fingers are at all yimes and if you hit any nails or bones stop chewing immediately.:shock:

Nuthin wrong with that. Put one on about 8 this morning. Annual Christmas present to my boss and his family.

Good looking brisket!

Thanks frognot

Jimmy, brisket looks great and im glad you didn't lose any fingers. When eating brisket it is important to know where you fingers are at all yimes and if you hit any nails or bones stop chewing immediately.:shock:

Thanks I keep good track of them.

Hell ya.. Looks good brotha !

Thanks brother!!

Nice cook. :thumb: I find when you bite into a tough piece of brisket that more than likely it is your finger.

LOL!!Guys, I was talking about the 4 legged mongrols. They go nuts when they smell the meat come into the house. They're like peppie le pew following the green scent. They were wide eyed and super excited. Been a while since they smelled a fresh brisket come in the house off the smoker.

Looks like that Shirley is putting out some great looking que .

Thanks man. Yeah. She pumps out some great stuff makes me look like I know what I'm doing lol.

I'm glad I decided to join the ranks with you guys in the Shirley family.

Great looking brisket. I bet it tasted good too!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Back